Translate

Sunday 3 June 2012

Fathers Day Card using Craft Artist Professional

Good Evening!!

I do hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather and extra days holidays celebrating the queens 60 year rein.  If you are having a party, enjoy!
Well what have I been up to, not too much is the answer to that.  I have done a little crochet, played about on Craft Artist and spent some time today cutting out some decoupage sheets so that I have plenty of toppers ready for making a batch of cards up.

I have used Craft Artist to make up my Dad's Fathers Day card.  I showed the basic digital page a couple of days ago but I have now printed this and created a decoupaged card.  To create the decoupage all I did was open another two blank pages and copy the elements that I was going to build up onto them, all I had to do then was press print, the main work was done.

This is the completed card;

Layers make the card really stand out.

I have added real twine to the card to give it a authentic feel.


Holes punched in the card and real metal grommets in different colour add a realistic element to the once that have already been printed.
Grommets before they are punched

Hole punch with different size settings


I have used an epoxy cover on the faux buttons to give a lovely shine.
This just shows the build up of layers using foam pads, there is also a smaller epoxy cover on the silver button.
Its always a great idea to have toppers ready for any unexpected or quick cards that you may need.  Cutting out the bits is not something I enjoy so usually do this when there is something good on the TV, cutting keeps my hands busy, tonight it was Lord of the Rings.  I managed to get 26 toppers ready just to be built up with the foam pads, I am pleased with that. 

A good tip is to use the cello bags that you would use for your finished cards to keep the bits in till you are ready to make your cards.  This keeps the bits in pristine condition and all together.
I purchased most of my decoupage from http://www.lapashe.com/ they are so reasonably priced and delivery is really swift.  It is very difficult to find good embellishments for men's cards but they really do have plenty of choice here.

I also print out elements to decoupage from Cd's that I have purchased.  Of course there is the option of going for die cut decoupage and there are many companies that offer this, Create & Craft is a one stop shop for mostly anything you would need. 

That's me for the time being, I am going to get my mojo back, you can be sure of it.

Happy crafting.

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment