Translate

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Victorian 60th Birthday Card

Evening All

What a gorgeous day it has been today, I was actually really happy at being able to get some washing out on the line for a change!!

So, what have I been up to?

Well I didn't tidy the craft room on Friday as I posted it was done today instead.  I had managed to find something else to take up my time :o)  A basket and card order which was fab. 

I love having orders and actually having a reason to craft instead of just making things up for markets, I mean I enjoy that as well but its more generic and I tend not to challenge myself.

David purchased some new style baskets and they are lovely looking, I am very pleased with them.



The card I made was 8x8 and its such a great size to work with.  It was required for an older more elegant lady so it was a good opportunity to get away from cute animals and bears etc.



I used a Kraft card as the base, extra strong double sided tape, double sided tape, wet glue, large foam pads, a piece of silver Mirri Card, a piece of lace style card, a piece of rose background paper, a couple of birthday sentiments, a Victorian topper, some cream ribbon with some glass bead droplets, some brown gems, some turquoise gems, a paper flower and some flowers put together using a technique that Ali Reeve from "Stamps Away" used on some background paper for a card she made.

So to make these simply cut out varying sizes of flower shapes from decoupage paper so that they could be layered up when finished.  I then scrunched them up to give a crumpled look.  Popped some coffee in he bottom of a bowl and added just a small amount of water from a hot kettle to dissolve, the flower shapes were then all dipped in and covered in the coffee.  I placed them on a piece of tin foil just to give them someplace safe to dry, before I left them though I sprinkled some more coffee granules on top to give flecks of deeper colour, left them just for a few minutes and then dried them off with a piece of kitchen towel and left to dry.

Once the flowers were fully dry I stuck the layers together with wet glue, shaped them some more, and added gem centres just to add a little sparkle and to tie them in with the rest of the card.  I also cut out leaves and used the same tecnique.  The finished flowers were attached to the card with wet glue and foam pads on the small one to give it a little height.
I was very pleased with the finished card, mainly because it signals the end of my crafty block!!


So thats what I did Friday. 

Saturday I got my things together for the "Granny Would Be Proud" Market held in the Hillhead Bookclub Bar & Restaurant across from Waitrose on Byres Road in Glasgows West End.  It was a great day, met some very lovely crafters as always and had a cupcake to die for made by "The Sweet Hut", oh it was just scrummy!!

Well, thats all for tonight, Happy Crafting xx


No comments:

Post a Comment