Translate

Sunday 22 July 2012

Basic Cute Critters Cards & Die Cut Butterflies

Hey All

I have to apologise for the sheer lack of posts on the Blog front, my crafty block still hasn't lifted.  However, this week I dug out a few wee bits of leftover card & toppers etc and stuck a few different cards together.

In this batch I actually used inserts, just very basic colours to match the cards with a simple verse, it actually makes a huge difference to the finished look of the card and so I am going to aim to do this from now on with all the cards I make.


The cards feature some of the stamps which I coloured right at the very start of the Blog, yip I still have some of these, batch stamping might not be something I do again as it has taken some time to use all of these even though I have decoupaged them up.  It does get slightly samey!!








In a crafty mag that I had delivered through the door a while back there was a section on drawing your own borders and other features on your cards to give them a different kind of look.  I used a black Promarker fine liner and drew two overlapping wavy borders which look great and then coloured these in the colours that were used on the toppers.  The Promarkers give a very seamless finish so they do not look hand coloured.


These are so very simple to pop together, all you need is a die cutting system, maybe a Cricut or even a Cuttlebug or Grand Calibre with the lovely dies to make your bits.  I have cut out some butterflies and simply layered these up and left the wings loose, then use double sided tape to pop onto  contrasting card.  For the glitter strip I again used double sided sticky tape with some cloth embellishments and then sprinkled with the correct coloured glitter and cut into strips to fit, such a quick way to add some sparkle for your cards.

To finish I just pop my stamp on the back and place into a cello bag with an envelope to keep card pristine.
Happy crafting people!!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment