Translate

Thursday 21 November 2013

Basic Crochet Baby Blankets

Good Evening All
 
Again I have been neglecting my blog.  I do have excuses though, working full time, shift work, seeing the family plus trying to get some crafting done on my down time but I am saving up photos of projects for blogs and will be doing some Christmas Stuff in the next week so there should be plenty coming your way.  I here lots of resounding yayyy'ss! or not lol.
 
Anyway, it seems that there are lots of new babies being brought into the world this month and so I have been asked to do a few blankets.  As you know I am only able to do the most very basic of crochet but its a great start and some lovely things can be done using the basic stitches. 

 

 All the blankets that are made have a lovely little "made for an angel" or "handmade with love" charm on them just to add a wee extra touch.


 
I have also been using up the remnants of wool to make comforters to match.  These are just little extra wee bits that kids seem to like dragging about with them or fiddling with when they are sleeping or trying to get to sleep.
 
 
I am also hoping to try and get the HUGE double bed sized blanket finished for myself this year, I say hoping as it hasn't been touched for over a year now!!
 

 
 So its something that's really easy to do or learn and it is also very therapeutic with the added benefit of keeping your knees warm in this freezing cold weather.
 
I am not really at a point where I could take anyone through all the different stages of making a blanket with names of stitches etc, but for this basic style you can look at the following link for step by step instructions.  It has been the easiest to follow on the web (as always though there are loads of different sites to be found on the web).
 
 
Happy Crafting!!
 
Amanda xx


No comments:

Post a Comment