Translate

Friday 8 November 2013

Fairyopolis 30th Birthday Keepsake Card...

Morning World!!
 
Well today is a very special day.   It is my little Sisters 30th Birthday, I cant quite believe it!!
 
For her Birthday my Mum asked if I would make her a card.  It is so hard to make special birthday cards for family members, something for them to treasure and keep as I know I have kept all my special birthday cards.  So I wanted something with a "Wow!" factor and turned to Crafters Companion for inspiration and help.
 
I had already decided to use the lovely Fairyopolis Kit as my Sister and I had loved these Flower Fairies when we were younger and they are really timeless but I wasn't sure what type of card to make and so I popped on the Ultimate Pro DVD.  The lovely Sara takes you through some great projects and I chose to try this one.  The Envelope Keepsake Card, it was the first time I had tried it but having the DVD to take me through the stages was just fantastic.  I really recommend it.
 
So I started with the basics of putting it together and then I decorated each page in turn, choosing different poems, some about fairies and some about being a daughter.

 
The theme of the card is Fairyopolis and these are mostly in decoupage form to give lots of texture and dimension.  I have tried to incorporate lots of "30's" and flowers.  In the DVD the card folds flat on its own, because I added so many flowers, lots of decoupage, extra pages and bling, I chose to add a bow to secure the book closed for popping in the presentation box.


Each page is decorated with a decoupaged Flower Fairy, this was achieved using 3D Glue Gel.  The envelopes are closed over using bows in the same colour as the one that is used to secure the whole book.
 
The Internet is a great source and I found lots of poems about fairies and daughters that are free for you to use in your projects.  If they are written by someone in-particular, I always add this at the bottom.
 
There are lots of flowers throughout the book in lots of lovely bright colours, I have added adhesive pearls or gems to the centres and secured to the card using 3D Glue Gel.  I hadn't left any room for my Mum & Dad to sign the card so added a little sparkly sentiment.
 
I have tried to matt and layer on either Glitter Card or Mirri Card just to give a little bit of an expensive sparkle look.  The envelope edges have been decorated with bling and corners from the Fairyopolis Kit have also been used as well as some of the rub on sentiments which were just perfect.
 

I have also used Handmade paper and decoupaged some of the backgrounds that the little Flower Fairies are sitting against.

I have also added tiny butterflies throughout which just add that little bit of nature.
As this is a Envelope Keepsake Card, I thought I would also make some matching Keepsakes for inside a couple of the envelopes leaving free space for my mum to add a couple of keepsakes of her own.  I will show you these on tomorrows blog.
 
This has been my favourite paper crafting project to date.  All I needed was a little help from Crafters Companion :)
 
Happy 30th to my lovely Sister and Happy Crafting to all my crafty friends.
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment