Translate

Saturday 25 August 2012

Harley Davidson Stamped Card

Evening All
 
Its a very very wet night here in Paisley and it got dark so quickly, that's the Autumn nights drawing in.  To be honest though, I really don't mind, this is my favourite time of year, love the leaves turning all their golden colours.
 
Today has been spent getting ready for a fair tomorrow at The Erskine Bridge Hotel.  Its quite a late start though for a change, don't have to be there till 10.30am and it is just down the road.  It is a craft sale indoors and supposed to be a car boot sale outside but I think the weather may have this cancelled, its been a terrible year for outdoor markets.
 
I have also finished the white ball of wool and started on a pink ball for some more hats.  I am right on course at the moment to get the amount of hats knitted that I am hoping for.  I am totalling 31 for this week and with 3 weeks still to go that will take me over the 100, fingers crossed.
 
On the success of one of the cards I had made last week I was asked to do one more for another motorbike fan.   I used the same stamp as last time but the card is so different and again I am happy with how it turned out, there are a few things I would change though if I had to do it again.
 
So, I used an 8x8 Kraft Card, printed off two sheets of map paper, tag embellishment and an insert using Craft Artist, a sheet of white card, some Bakers Twine, peel-offs, Staz-On ink pad, Versamark pad, heat gun, clear glitter embossing powder, Harley Davidson Clarity Stamp, foam pads, double sided tape, Sakura silver glitter gel pen, a punch and some eyelets.

For the topper I stamped the image onto a light brown piece of card using a Staz-On ink pad, then coloured some parts of the image with a silver glitter pen just to highlight some of the main parts of the bike.  I then covered the whole sheet with my Versamark pad, covered in embossing powder and heat from the underneath to give a flat glossy finish (heating from the top would have left it pitted) I completed two layers to give a think glossy glittery finish.  I layered on the map backing paper and backed again with white card just to lift it.  Added an eyelet and piece of bakers twine before fixing to the card with foam pads.

For the main card I layered a piece of the map paper on a piece of white card and place and eyelet in each corner.  Before fixing to the base card I wrapped some Bakers Twine down one side and fixed in place with some Red Line Tape.  This was then attached to the card using double sided tape.  I printed the tag embellishment from Craft Artist, cut out, popped on a peel-off, added an eyelet and threaded with bakers twine, knotted this to the twine on the card and fixed in place using foam pads to give a bit of dimension.

The insert was created in Craft Artist, I used the same backing paper as the front but made it a little more transparent, it looks bluey in the photo but it is just a lighter beige colour.  The sentiment was typed and centred before printing and adding some tiny peel-offs to match the front of the card.

Well that's me for the night, better get off to bed,  hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday weekend.
 
Happy crafting!!
 
Amanda x


No comments:

Post a Comment