Translate

Saturday 18 August 2012

Finally Learned Basic Knitting Stitches!

Evening Crafters!!

What a changeable day weather-wise it was today, tomorrow is to be lovely though which will be great for getting the washing out and maybe pottering in the garden.

Today I received my Create & Craft member magazine and it is fab.  I have never knitted before and I am sure that I mentioned a few month ago about wanting to do the wee hats for the top of the innocent smoothies which is a charity thing they do and donations go to Age UK. 


Anyway there is an article in the magazine this month, "knitting for beginners" the descriptions, diagrams and basic patters are just great.  It is the first time that I have been able to follow anything and make it actually work!!

I made the "mini socks" today after mastering casting on, knit stitch and casting off.  Tomorrow I am going to try the purse, hopefully it will be a breeze, I'm feeling Rudolf jumpers for everyones Christmas this year :o)
Perfect size for putting on New Baby cards as embellishments.

An early night now beckons, it seems to have been a long day!

Night all,

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment