Translate

Friday 17 August 2012

Good Luck Card using La Pashe Decoupage

Happy Friday Peeps!!

So I am quite disappointed that I will not be at the biggest crafting event ever this weekend.  Not only is it organised by one of my fav crafty manufacturers, Hunkydory, but all the crafting presenters from C&C will be there and I would so love to meet them. 

For information on the event visit http://www.greatbritishcraft.co.uk/

Why? I hear you ask then, can I not make it, well it is simples, too far to drive for a day trip and I cannot stay over as no one to look after my fluffies.  Unfortunately, weekends away & holidays are on hold for the rest of my ferreting life.  I have seven of the little critters and because the type of animal that they are has such a bad reputation for biting and generally being vicious, oh and smelly, but it just simply is not the case.  My babies have all been neutered, so live very happily together in their custom built shed and as long as they are cleaned out at least twice a day the smell is OK, no where near what its like when they are not neutered, I would have to agree they are terribly smelly then :o) They are such bundles of fun & energy, you could be having the most awful day and they would just take all the worries away, love them I really do, am I winning anyone over here?

Anyway not having a moan, just wanted peeps to know that's the only reason why I am not at the Great British Craft Event, I wouldn't give up my animals or what I have to do for them for all the world and I am privileged to have them in my life. 

This is where I give a little plea for the SSPCA, Autumn/ Winter is on its way so I am sure they will soon be looking for donations of old blankets & towels etc for animal bedding as they always have so many too look after.  They also could do with donations of food for dogs & cats.  At this present moment the Glasgow Branch at Cardonald has 53 Dogs & 17 cats for rehoming, that's not including the others that are being cared for that are not yet ready to go up for adoption or the smaller furries in their care.  If you can only make one donation this year, please let it be to those guys.

For further information or for other things that you can do, have a wee look at their website;
And so back to crafting.  I haven't really been doing much this week, I have had shed loads of job applications to fill out in the hope of getting a job to help with funding my crafty habit and also to assist with helping to increase the bank balance for the onslaught that is Christmas.

I did get an order for a leaving card from my Brothers Fiance which I completed today. 

All I used was an 8x8 card blank, two A4 sheets gold Mirri Card, two A4 coloured sheets for background (generated to match on the Craft Artist Programme also including the insert poem), sentiment & decoupage topper, foam pads, double sided tape, cream ribbon, peel-offs, adhesive lemon coloured pearls and Sakura coloured essential glitter gel pens.
Firstly cut a piece of gold Mirri card to 7 3/4x7 3/4 and embossed a flower design down the right side placing a lemon coloured adhesive pearl in the centre of each.  Secondly placed my "Good Luck" sentiment & topper on a piece of gold Mirri card and picked out the coloured detail with Sakura glitter gel pens to give a lovely sparkle.  I then cut a piece of the printed background paper to size, added a gold corner peel-off in each corner and wrapped a piece of ribbon around securing at the back with double sided tape.  Finally, I put foam pads on the back of the topper & sentiment then attached to the card, made a bow with a bow maker and attached to the card with red line tape (extra sticky).

The sentiment was printed on matching paper to tie in with the card front, I also added a strip of Mirri Card & a few lemon adhesive pearls to finish.  The poem reads "As you start on your new venture, this brings a wish your way, for many happy moments, to fill each coming day.  And as you face the future, that's waiting just for you, may you soon discover, your dreams have all come true, congratulations on your new job!!"
Tomorrow I will be starting the Christmas cards for any markets that I can get booked in for the festive season.  I don't think I will be doing as many as last year due to hopefully managing to get a job but I will still be fulfilling orders etc.  I will update with anything that I manage to create.

Have a great weekend everyone & Happy Crafting!!

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment