Translate

Thursday 23 August 2012

Someone Special Card using Paws for Thought CD

Only one more day till the weekend!!

I just wanted to show you all the card that I made for my Brother's Fiance who's birthday it is today.  It turned out lovely using a bit of CD crafting along with some other bits & bobs.

For this card I used a white 8x8 card blank, two sheets of silver Mirri Card, a piece of lemon ribbon, some lemon adhesive pearls, Sakura essential pens; clear glaze, gold & clear star, Craft Artist for the insert sentiment, Cupcake Craft's "Paws for Thought" CD for topper & backing papers, foam pads, foam tape, double sided tape, red line tape, wet paper-crafting glue plus some paper flower embellishments.
This is actually quite hard to see bit on the topper I used the clear glaze pen to give the dogs nose a wet look and used the clear star glitter pen to pick out the highlights in the dogs fur, I then used the gold glitter pen to pick out the highlights in the daffodils.

This just shows the layers after being cut out and then layered using foam pads.

This is the finished card, as you can see I have layered the backing paper onto a piece of Mirri Card, I also popped the topper on a piece of Mirri as well as the sentiment, this just lets it all stand out from the backing paper.  I attached the topper & sentiment to the card using foam tape just to add some more dimension.  I then added the lemon adhesive pearls and attached the paper flowers with a wet glue.

For the insert I just picked out the dogs nose again with the clear glaze pen & the fur with the clear star glitter pen, I cut to size, wrapped a piece of lemon ribbon around that and attached to card with double sided tape.  I then used Craft Artist to pop in the verse, cut to size, attached with double sided tape and added a couple of lemon adhesive pearls, all to coordinate with the outside of the card.

And that's it, I never thought that I would craft with Cd's but it is so good to have all the elements there just to use on a card and it ensures that everything matches perfectly, love it!!
 
Happy Crafting!!
 
Amanda xx



No comments:

Post a Comment