Translate

Monday 13 August 2012

Wedding Card

Evening All,

Today I had a welcome break from visiting the gym and spent some time crafting, managed to get the Wedding Card & Birthday Card completed, very happy about that!!

When I completed my cards I used to pop a sticker on the back with the name of the company and the details but this week I was lucky enough to purchase a custom stamp which is just fab.  I also have to say that the service I received from the company that made it was just outstanding.  I emailed at dinnertime, and a proof was sent about an hour later.  Once the company received payment, literally minutes later, I had an email from the lovely Rob to say it would be sent 1st class the next day.  So ordered late Thursday, posted Friday & it was on my doormat Saturday morning, for a custom stamp that is just a 1st class service. 

The company is Stampreo and their website is www.stampreo.co.uk and come highly recommended by me :o)

This is my stamp on an 8x8 card, it looks great and so professional, love it;



The wedding card was very simple, I used an 8x8 blank white card, a sheet of silver Mirri Card, another sheet of white card, some adhesive pearls, peel-offs, a stencil, double sided tape, a Rock a Block & sentiment stamp, a Staz-on ink pad plus Craft Artist to create my insert.

I cut the silver mirri to 7 3/4 x 7 3/4, I then used a flower stencil to emboss down one side, I placed adhesive pearls in the centre of each flower to finish.  Layered a white piece of card on top, popped silver peel-off corners on the card, a lovely double ring topper and then stamped "may all your dreams come true" underneath, it didn't turn out a perfect stamp but the actual look of it is lovely in person, looks kinda rubbed off not pure matt black but I will have to practice some more with the rock a blocks, this was my 1st attempt after a practice run which was perfect, always the way!!

I used Craft Artist to create the sentiment "May your life together be filled with love & laughter!", I then used the stencil again to pop a flower next to this which ties it in with the front of the card and added an adhesive pearl to finish.
The Birthday Card was a little harder for me as men's cards are just so so difficult!!  For this card I used an 8x8 blank Kraft Card, a piece of silver Mirri Card, some peel-offs, a piece of black ribbon, Clarity Harley Stamp, Staz-on ink pad, a Versamark pad, some clear embossing powder, foam pads, double sided tape, a heat gun plus Craft Artist again to create the insert.

Again this was created in Craft Artist "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window" & "Happy Birthday" I also added a strip of silver mirri to tie in with the front card.

I matt & layered a piece of mirri and the background I printed from Craft Artist.  I added a piece of black ribbon which had a knot at one side rather than a bow.  I then added the "happy birthday" peel-off.  The topper was a piece of mirri & a piece of the coloured card layered together, I placed silver rivet peel-offs in each corner and stamped the Harley in the centre of the topper.  Before I layered the topper on the mirri I edged it with Versamark and dipped in embossing powder, I then stamped over the bike with Versamark and covered with the powder, heating from behind to give a smooth glass like finish and bringing out the detail in the stamped image.  I then used foam pads to mount on the card.

A close up of the image.
And that's all for now,

Happy Crafting!!!

Amanda xx





No comments:

Post a Comment