Translate

Thursday 22 November 2012

ATC - Art Deco Theme

Hello Friends

Just a quick post to show you this months ATC swaps.  The theme we were given was "Art Deco".  This is not an era that I am particularly fond of and wasn't really looking forward to doing them, in fact, I even thought of giving it a miss!! 
 
Not to be one to let the side down I did a little research on the web and basically used a couple of stain glass deco designs that I came across with free copyright and gave it a go.
 
I actually enjoyed putting my own spin on them and I am please with the outcome, however, it has not made me want to take up doing Deco images in any of my work.

This is a Deco Thistle which is outlined with a Letraset Fine liner, coloured using Metallic Watercolours & Sakura Coloured Glitter Gel Pens.

This was based on a Deco Mantel Clock, the ones that come in three separate pieces.   I used the design, again outlined with fine liner and coloured with Sakura Metallic Glitter Pens.  I cut these out and mounted on card which was coloured with metallic paint.  Before attaching to the backing card I linked together with ribbon and stuck in a couple of feathers.  These were attached using red line tape.
Well nearly the weekend, hope everyone has plans to spend it wisely, definitely the quickest two days of the week!!
 
Happy Crafting.
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment