Translate

Sunday 18 November 2012

House Mouse 40th Card

Morning All
 
I know, I know, two blogs in two days!!
 
I have been working with Joanna Sheen's House Mouse Project Book.  It is fantastic especially so if you have a crafty block as the projects are simply followed but can be adapted to suit yourself like I have done if you feel creative.
 
This card is 8x8 size.  I have used a white 8x8 card blank, printed two sheets from the project CD, one sheet of purple Centura pearl, Sakura clear glaze pen & coloured glitter pens, clear acetate, gold sequins, lemon ribbon, red line tape, foam tape, double sided tape.

This is the finished card.  I cut a sheet of the backing paper to 7.5x7.5 and attached to card with double sided tape.   The House Mouse topper was attached to the card with double sided tape, I highlighted sections with the Sakura Pens to give glitter & glaze.  To create the window I cut a piece of the purple card down to size and then used a craft knife to to cut out an aperture from the centre and attached a piece of clear acetate across the back with double sided tape. 
I then placed a small pile of gold sequins in the centre of the topper and used foam tape to secure the aperture window.  You must ensure that there are no gaps at all in the foam tape so that the sequins stay in the window section but are free to move around creating the shaker effect. 
The sentiment was then layered on a piece of Centura Pearl and then attached with foam pads to add dimension.
Red line tape was used to attach the the sequins top & bottom instead of gems.

The bow was added to the card with red line tape.  The tails of the bow were twisted and fixed in place in the same way.

This just shows the dimension of the card that the foam pads & having the twisted bow create.

The insert was a piece of left over Centura Pearl cardstock & a small topper from the printed sheet.  The poem was created in Craft Artist Professional.
This was a 40th card for my other half's sister, turns out she isn't 40 till next year lol, so I am super organised!!!
 
well that's it from me for today, enjoy your Sunday everyone.
 
Much Love
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment