Translate

Tuesday 29 January 2013

ATC - Fairies

Morning All *yawn*
 
Hope you are all well & creating load of lovely crafty things.  I haven't had a chance to go around some of the crafty blogs but when I do I will be sure to post any that really catch my eye.  I have finally opened my Spectrum Noirs, as you know when I tidied the craft room, but I am still yet to use them.  Its funny as I use Promarkers all the time, not sure why I am so scared of using the Speccies, you would think it would be easier, being as they are all in lovely colour families etc.  I dunno, just gonna have to give it a go, really need to develop my skills as a colourist and that's the only way to do it.
 
Anyway this months ATC swap title was "Anything Goes"  now I probably really should have done something in relation to the film/play but I didn't, I tool it literally and decided on Fairies.  Not only that they are both almost identical, total cope out but hopefully next month its a topic which I can get out the paintbrush or pastels for.

This one I called "do you believe in fairies?"  I was really pleased how both of them turned out, really simple but I like that look.  The paper was from a free pad i had from last year sometime, but felt it really suited the nature feel.  The rub-ons are from the Crafter Companion Fairytopia Kit, the main butterfly is a peel off on Centrura pearl to which i have added some 3D glue gel to the body then covered in ultra fine pink glitter, I also did this for the flower centres.  The heart is wooden and coloured simply with a Rose Pink Promarker & covered with 3D glaze.  Gems added to finish.
 
This one is named "I believe in fairies"
So that's them done.  Next was the Tags with the theme "Wild Winter"  I opted out of this this month again just due to time.  My idea though was to do a lovely red sky in pastel with the silhouette of a tree and to have a lake in front.  The lake would be done using clear ultra think embossing powder, the tree just black Promarker and then the ground and the tree would be covered in a lovely shimmery snow like glitter with snow covering the sky also.  Sound good?  I might sill do a couple & send them to a couple of the girls just because.  Obviously when I have the time though!
 
Anyway peeps, long day at the day job ahead of me, have a good one,
 
Happy crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment