Translate

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Mum Birthday Card 2 - Flowers from Hunkydory

Evening All

I know, two blogs in one day, who knew I could be so organised :)

This is just the second card I made for my Mum but this time using a Hunkydory Kit.  It was brilliant to work with, fantastic quality.  This is a design from the actual magazine.

This is an 8x8 card just like the fairy one but has more layers and I also used 3D clear glaze to pop on some dew drops for the flowers.  Its the first time I have used it and now I want to put it on EVERYTHING!!!

This just shows the dimension on the card.  The backing card was cut into nine squares the outside five have been raised up using foam tape.  The butterfly was cut out of the actual packaging for the kit, I drew in the antenna using a fineliner Promarker and added to the card using 3D glue to allow the wings to be free.  Trails added just with adhesive faux pearls.
 
The inside of the card has to be just as pretty.  I used the cut off from the backing card as the base and attached using double-sided tape, then printed a personalised poem which was matted and layered on some contrasting card and added to the centre again using foam tape. 
The butterfly is a small mini topper just added again using foam tape.  Its worth noting that all the toppers that I used were pre-foiled in silver but as all the sentiments that I had were gold, so trimmed this off and re-matted, don't be scared to to that.  Faux adhesive pearls added to finish.
 
The finished card is an 8x8 Hunkydory white card blank.  I used Gold Mirri Card and blue Centura Pearl from the darks collection as matts.  The very lovely card stock was A4 size, which I cut to fit maybe 7 1/4 and this allowed the lovely cut off to be used in the inside. 
I split this into 9 equal squares and put back together the four under the main topper attached with double-sided tape.  the rose on the backing card has been accented using 3D glaze.  It added very lovely and life like dew drops. 
The heart is wood and coloured using a matching colour of Promarker "rose pink" then attached withe the 3D glue.  Topper attached using foam tape, little dew drops & faux pearls added.
 
Happy Crafting guys,
 
Amanda xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment