Translate

Monday 21 January 2013

Mum Birthday Card 1 - Fairyopolis from Crafters Companion

Good Morning

Day 2 of being a very good blogger and sharing my daily dose of crafty inspiration. 

I have finally gotten around to looking at some of my kits that I have.  I have so so many Hunkydory, Dawn Bibby & Crafters Companion kits that I could sell them, honestly!!  I finally took the opportunity to tidy the craft room and sort everything out, I had just been piling it all up and hadn't realised what I actually had.  No more crafty purchases for Amanda at least until next Christmas!!

Anyway, what a good chance to start using them all up, start afresh in 2013 & learn to actually use the products I have at my fingertips.

First thing for this year was birthday cards for my Mum from all the family, so this is the first one -

This just shows the flowers & butterfly popping off the card rather than being stuck down flat.  It also shows the decoupage very clearly.  This is amazing quality and popped out brilliantly.  I used 3D glue gel to attach to the card.
 
This just shows the inside of the card.  This kit actually comes with 6x6 card blanks but as I wanted an 8x8 card, so I simply cut the 6x6 down the centre using half on the front & half here in the centre.  Matted on Gold Mirri Card and a personalised poem added.  The sentiment has been Matted on Gold Mirri also and attached using foam tape.
 
The finished card.  The card blank is Kraft card adding to the natural feel I think?  I used a piece of purple Centura Card matted on Gold Mirri as the background, then just added the card stickers, decoupage, rub-ons, flowers & gems all from the kit.  Having every single thing to hand all co-ordinating, makes it so easy to pop the cards together.
Also shows that you can make bigger cards aswell.
 
This is by far my most favourite card that I have made, I loved using this kit and will definitely be making more, smaller ones though.
 
Well get your kits out crafters and lest see if we can be thrifty and use the products that we already have before we start to buy more.  I know if you are like me and most crafters are, its gonna be tough!!
 
Happy Crafting
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment