Translate

Monday 22 April 2013

Dinosaur Birthday Card - boy

Hello Crafters
 
It seems like ages since I posted anything on here.  I haven't had much time for crafting recently but had a card that needed to be done and was so happy to be able to sit down and try to work it out today.
 
I have said before that I really am not the best when it comes to actually making kids cards with kid type themes and so this was super difficult for me.  To be honest I could do with alot more practice and so I ma going to make up a few batches with different boy type themes just to get my head into it and so that it may be a little easier in the future.
 
It was just a block that I couldn't seem to get over.
 
Anyway, for this card I used a Hunkydory 8x8 Card Blank, 2 A4 sheets of Silver Mirri Card, 12x12 piece of Brown Core'dinations, bakers twine, peel-offs, printer, Craft Artist Professional, Digital Designer by Do Crafts - Me to You All Occasions Disc, a dinosaur colouring sheet which I adapted and split etc (by ryansias.com), Puffy Paint - red/ brown/ blue, Gold Ink Pad, 3D Clear Glaze, Spectrum Noir Pens, 2 strips of Clear Acetate, A4 piece of velum, Sand-It kit, double sided tape, red line tape, foam tape & 3D Glue Gel.

Firstly I trimmed down the Silver Mirri Card & the Core'dination to fit the card and the topper.  All the pieces were then sanded using the Sand-it Kit and distressed using the Tim Holtz Distressing Tool.  I then inked around the edges of these using a gold coloured ink pad.  This just made it look a little aged.
I coloured the sentiment and the footprints with Spectum noirs in the lighter brown colour family. and again aged the Mirri number 2 and the silver mirri that the sentiment was layered onto. 
I attached the main piece of mirri to the card using double sided tape, before adding the Core'dinations I wrapped around some bakers twin and attached using red line tape as this is particularly strong.  The "Son" was attached using foam tape and the "for you" number "2" and footprints were all attached using 3D glue gel, the "today" is made up using silver peel-off letters.
The "for you Son", footprints and internal sentiment were all done on the Digital Designer Programme, then printed just with a normal printer.
The topper was resized and split into different sections using Craft Artist Professional.  I printed these out and coloured using Spectrum Noirs.  The dinosaurs are blue as this is the little boys favourite colour.  I used red Puffy Paint for the lava, brown Puffy Paint for the darker brown bits of the volcano and ground and blue Puffy Paint for the lil' Dino's belly.  I added 3D clear glaze to the eyes of all the dino's.
I added the Mirri background to the card with double sided tape and before attaching the piece of Core'dinations I attached two strips of acetate to the back of this using red line tape.  I then cut to size and added the flying Dino's.
I attached the volcano section to the Core'dinations using double sided tape.  I used foam tape to attach the piece with the grass and dinos' on, this just gives and illusion of depth.

Showing the dimension & texture aswell as the acetate strips holding the flying dinosaur to give a little movement to the card.

For the Insert.  I layered the sentiment on matching card from the front and attached to a piece of Velum which I trimmed to size.  I added the fossil footprints with 3D Glue Gel and attached the insert to the card just at one side using clear double sided tape.  The sentiment and footprints were coloured using Spectrum Noirs.
Well that's me for the moment.  No more crafty things needed for a wee while but I still have the new Crafters Companion Magazine & freebies to work through, plus treated myself to some Sheena Douglas Stamps which I cannot wait to get stuck into.
 
Hope you are all well, Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment