Translate

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Morehead 1st Birthday Card

Good Evening
 
Finally had a wee couple of days to craft which has chilled me out and helped me relax a little.  I have managed to create a lovely 1st birthday card and all the swaps for my swap group.  This means that I am left with a card for a lovely little boy and that dreaded wedding card.  That sounds terrible, the wedding thing is cool its just I am not finding the inspiration for the wedding card jumping out at me!  Seems I am seriously lacking in wedding themed things within my crafty stash, refusing to buy more though, I have crafty things coming out my ears and am hoping to use alot of this before purchasing further.
 
The items I have used for today's card are 8x8 Hunkydory Card Blank, A4 piece of Silver Mirri Card, Some lovely designer floral papers, 12x12 piece of Pink Core'dinations Card, Crafters Companion Quilling Die, "Me to You" sentiments, Morehead Topper from Crafters Companion New Inspirations Magazine, buttons, peel-offs, butterfly embellishment, Sand-it Kit, self adhesive gems & pearls, pink ink pad, 3D glue gel, double sided tape & foam pads.

I cut to size the Silver Mirri Card and gutted the centre to use as a matt for the topper.  The Core'dinations was cut down to size and I sanded around the edges, then used the Tim Holtz Distressing Tool to rough them up a little and also curled the corners.  After I inked the edges with the pink ink pad.  Doing this with all the papers gives the one colour theme running throughout and further helps to tie the card together.
I then added a strip of Mirri Card and a piece of patterned paper, this was just to add more layers of interest.  As with all the layers I distressed, inked and curled the layers.
I then added the topper which had been matt & layered onto the same papers in the same way.  So far everything was attached to the card using double sided tape.
I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment with foam tape, the number one was cut out of Silver Mirri Card and attached using 3D glue gel, the "today" was made up using peel-offs.
The butterfly is a beautiful embellishment which I purchased from Remnant Kings a few years ago.  This was shaped and attached to the card using 3D glue gel and the trail made up with gems & pearls.
The lovely flowers were made using the Crafters Companion Stamen plus the Large & Small Camelia Quilling Dies.  I added buttons to the centres and attached to the card using 3D glue gel which has the best hold.

Just a photo popped in to show the dimension created by curling the edges and adding the wonderful flowers made with the quilling dies.

For the insert I used a plain piece of white 160GSM paper cut down to size and inked around the edges using the pink ink pad.  I then just used a piece of the Core'dinations, Silver Mirri Card and patterned paper, inking, sanding and curling as with the larger pieces on the front of the card.  These were attached using double sided tape. 
I inked the sentiment and attached using 3D glue gel and added gems to the corners to finish.
Well that's me, hope you all like it.

Happy Crafting,

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment