Translate

Monday 1 April 2013

Gorjuss Card with Crafters Companion Quilling Dies

Happy Easter Monday :)
 
I do hope you have all had a fab time and you MUST have indulged in some chocolate?  I will be sitting down tonight to some as have been really good so far.  The temptation is just too much now though and it has to be done.
 
I have had a quiet weekend as one of my little fuzzies is unwell and I have been spending alot of my time ensuring he is comfortable.  The little one is probably sick of seeing me and probably would like some peace!!
 
As you know from previous posts I have knitted some mini hats for Innocent Smoothies but that is the extent of my knitting talents, I learned especially to take part in their Age UK annual charity event.  Well my Brothers Fiance gave me a ball of Pom Pom wool to knit up, I actually didn't think I would be able to but I did.  It isn't perfect but by the end I managed to get the hang of it and will definitely be making some other projects using it in the future.
 
As this was an old brand of wool, probably one of the first to release this style, I was unable to get another ball.  Instead of a blanket, it is more of a comforter size and I am sure a little kiddie will have fun dragging it about the place.  I have left it just plain for them to decorate & personalise with patches etc themselves.

You can see the bits where I must have twisted the wool and not put the Pom Pom in-line correctly.
As well as this they also needed another wee gift set which I was only too happy to put together.  As this was just a couple of products I didn't use a basket to put it all in.  Instead I embossed a piece of Centura Pearl Card using one of the Crafter Companion Embossalicious Folders "Regal Frame", it is 6x6 in size an made a perfectly pretty base.

Aswell as that, I also had a request from my Mum to make an 18th Birthday Card for a girl.  I love getting requests from family as they do not specify what they want and it means I can play with any new products that I have purchased.
 
This time it was the Do Crafts Gorjuss A4 Paper/ Topper Kit and my lovely new Quilling Dies from Crafters Companion.
 
I decided on an 8x8 size card and for this I have used a Hunkydory Card Blank, A piece of Silver Mirri Card, a piece of Black Centura Pearl Card, a piece of Purple Centura Pearl Card, a left over piece of embossed Black Centura Pearl Card using the dots Embossalicious Folder, the outer frame from a card I made the other day - Purple Centura Pearl Card embossed with the Floral Frenzy Embossalicious Folder, a square topper, oval topper, tag & piece of purple paper from the Gorjuss Kit,  purple pigment ink pad, glitter embossing powder, "happy birthday" stamp, gems, buttons, Crafters Companion Camelia Small & Large Quilling Dies, bakers twine, "Me to You" sentiment.

I cut a piece of Silver Mirri Card to fit just inside the 8x8 card blank, and a piece of plain Purple Centura Pearl again just to fit inside the Mirri Card, these were the basic matts.  Before attaching, I inked around the edges of all the card elements using the purple ink pad, I also wrapped some bakers twine around the Purple Card and attached around the back using red line tape so that I am confident it will not come undone.  These were added to the card using double sided tape.
I then added a strip of the cut off Mirri down the right side (no waste), and over this I added a piece of black embossed Centura Pearl Card both added again with double sided tape.
On top of this is attached the frame using 3D glue gel and the tag which I stamped a "happy birthday" sentiment on in purple pigment ink and then heat embossed using a clear glitter embossing powder and also using the glue gel attached to the card just at the one end. 
The main topper was layered onto a piece of Black Centura Pearl and attached to the card using 3D glue gel for a bit of dimension.
I added the "18" stickers from the Card Kit and inked in purple to get rid of the stark white look, attached the bakers twine bow using glue gel and added some gems just to finish.
The main flowers were created using the Crafters Companion Quilling Dies. 
Leann has a fab video tutorial on the CC web page and I followed this exactly.  I cut out the Stamens and the two sizes of flower, popped a strip of tape along the bit to be quilled and then used the tool to wrap them tightly and finished with a tiny strip of red line tape. 
The large flower is made from Core'dinations card stock, sanded and then inked with the purple pad and a sparkly button added as the centre.  For the small flowers these were cut out of the left over piece of paper from the Gorjuss Card Kit, again they were inked just to match in and buttons added as the centre pieces.
The insert was created from a piece of the paper from the Gorjuss Kit attached to the card just at one side with a strip of double sided tape.  The mini topper matching the main topper on the front was attached using 3D Glue Gel as was the "Me to You" sentiment which I coloured with Spectrum Noirs and inked using the purple pigment ink pad to match it in with the card colours.
This just shows the fab dimension created with the quilling die flowers, and the tag is also only attached at one end and was shaped just to allow some further movement.
Well, that's me for the holiday weekend, back to work tomorrow.  I have a wedding card to make at some point, not really sure what to do for this so probably good that I have sometime to think it through.
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment