Translate

Saturday 30 March 2013

"Thank You" basket & card order

Wooohooo!!!
 
Its the weekend and this means its craft o clock!  I had a couple of the lovely quilling dies delivered this week from Crafters Companions so that will be my very first crafty stops.  I watched the Video that Leann posted and they look just awesome when they are all made up.  I have also saved some bottle tops so I think I am going to pop these through the Grand Calibur and make some embellishments. 
 
I haven't done any smelly things in a while and this is the first basket I have been asked to put together this year.  It has a very Easter colour type feel.

 
This was an order from my Brothers Fiance for a friend and she also required a wee Thank You card to go along with it.  As I was working and it was a bit last minute I used the really lovely Crafters Companion Fairyopolis Card Kit and just used the 6x6 card blanks rather than making my usual 8x8 size.
 
The card blank is from the kit and is already a beautiful design.  I cut a shape using the Grand Calibur and embossed using the Darice Flower Embossing Folder.  The fairy and the butterfly are from the Fairyopolis Kit and are decoupaged using 3D glue gel. 
The "just a note.." is a Darice Border Embossing Folder which I have embossed onto Core'dinations Card Stock, sanded and distressed and then added a piece of ribbon.
I have then just added flowers to finish.

This is just another view to show the dimension created and the lovely paper used for the insert.

I also put together a quick card for Davids Niece to hold her Easter gift.  Very simple but it is still handmade and with this kit everything that is put together is just gorgeous.

This is a card blank from the kit, already covered in the lovely butterfly paper and the faux bow.  I added the topper, some flowers, a little sparkle and a lovely paper insert.

I know all us crafters will be sitting down to craft this Easter weekend so have a very lovely time and I will be looking out for all your lovely projects.
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment