Translate

Saturday 9 March 2013

Hot Diggity Dog - Mother's Day Card 1 - blue

Evening Peeps
 
I do hope you are all having a fab weekend?
 
In true Amanda style I have left my Mother's Day Cards to the last minute and have spent the afternoon getting these done.
 
This one is for David's Mum. 
 
I used a Hot Diggity Dog A5 Card Kit, some Holographic Mirri Card, a printed Mother's Day sentiment, a piece of ribbon, a flower embellishment, some gems, 3D glue gel, double sided tape, mini foam pads, foam tape & red line tape.

The card base was build up using die cut decoupage from the kit.  I then matt & layered two of the sentiments into one, I used double sided tape for one part & foam tape for the other just to add some interest.

This just shows the layers of decoupage and the mini foam pads used to put it together.  I actually tend to use more 3D glue gel as it looks much better, not sure why I didn't today but it still looks good as a finished piece.

The ribbon was attached to the back of the insert paper using red line tape as it is very strong and perfect for this use.  I added gem and also a large flower embellishment which I attached using 3D glue gel.
The sentiment was matt & layered on matching paper and a little Holographic Mirri Card then attached with foam tape to give a little dimension.
So this with a voucher and a wee gift to open will hopefully be happily received tomorrow. 
 
Believe it or not I actually went into a shop to buy the cards but the queue was massive, I am very pleased I made my own as they have turned out just fine.  These card kits come very highly recommended by me to you especially if you are a new crafter.  Its great for getting to grips with the basics, decoupage, matt & layering, different types of adhesive etc.
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment