Translate

Thursday 21 March 2013

Cards using Hot Diggity Dog Toppers & Darice Embossing Folders

Good Afternoon All
 
I have been neglecting my blog and crafting again due to having lots of overtime at work.  I am hoping to catch up with all my housey things this weekend and use my days off next week to make some kit cards using the pile of Hunkydory Magazines from which I have shamefully only made 2 cards from to date.  This is not due to them not being good, in fact it is the complete opposite, the free gift card kits are just too lovely to use!!  Mel has just been on C&C though and has stated that paper and card is just paper and card, we need to use it, she is so very right.
 
I also think I am going to try my hand at stamping onto tissue and making some decorated candles, looks alot easier than I had imagined and is a super cheap way of creating something lovely for Easter gifts.
 
So it is Davids birthday this coming Monday and instead of making him a card I purchased one from the lovely Craig Laird.  Craig was part of the Kanban Design Team and his creations are just gorgeous and the card he made is just perfect in every way.  This is a link to his Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/#!/craigscardcreations
 
I felt quite bad about this as I have managed to make everyones card this year so far so rather than buy a couple of cheap cards to give from the animals, I decided to make them.  Yip its a bit crazy but as we don't have kids or a huge family its always nice to get a couple of extra cards so he gets one from the band of ferrets and one from the crazy cats.
 
The cards are both 6x6 in size.

The photos of this card just didn't look that great at all but it is lovely when you see it.  I have just used a piece of plain Gold Mirri Card as the background, a couple of pieces of Core'dinations which were embossed with the 12" Darice Paw Prints Folder.  These were sanded back and attached to the card using 3D Glue Gel.  The swirls were cut using the Xcut swirl die and sequins added just to give some sparkle, these and the sentiment were attached also using 3D glue gel.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed with silver embossing powder.
 
 
This shows the inside of the card which is simply a sentiment and a few of the cut out paw prints, again to give a nice dimension I used 3D Glue Gel.

Another simple card, I have used a plain piece of Brown Centura Pearl Card for the background.  A strip of Cord'dinations card embossed with the same folder, before attaching to the card with 3D Glue Gel, I wrapped some bakers twine around the back and knotted.  I am loving the bakers twine for men's cards, it is a great alternative to ribbon.
I have then just used two small Hot Diggity Dog toppers & a sentiment.  These are all cat themed as the card will be from the cats.
 
This just shows the dimension of the card and the ready made Hot Diggity Dog Toppers.  I have not put an insert in the inside of this card as I will write a wee diddy poem from the Kitty's instead.
That's it for today, going to make tea.  Its funny how you forget to eat once the craft stuff comes out!!
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment