Translate

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Tags - Vintage Lace

*yawn* Morning
 
What crafty things are you all up to? 
 
I have no crafty events coming up and wondering what to get up to on my days off.  I am thinking maybe some sort of crafty book in a box type thing, actually get myself organised for the rest of the years birthdays? oh I really don't know and I just walk into my craft room and get completely overwhelmed.
 
In writing all that I think I might actually finish the painting that I started this time last year.  The oil paint will be well and truly dried and I can do the finer detail in acrylic, quite fancy finishing it with a little gilding flake which might be cool.
 
Anyway, I am sure you will be updated with what I finally decide. 
 
This months tag swaps theme is Vintage Lace, I am rubbish with all things vintage and had to go to Remnant Kings for lace so this was pretty much outwith my crafty comfort zone.  That was until I remembered I had a kit called Vintage Lace and that sorted the issue right out.

I used a piece of paper with a lace design as the backing, I wrapped a piece of ribbon along the bottom and added a sentiment on top using 3D glue gel. I then attached to a piece of pink Centura Pearl, punched a hole and used a piece of the lace as the tag tie,
I covered the back of the rose topper with red line tape and attached lace around the back of it by pinching and sticking to give a lovely rounded feel.  This was then attached to the card with 3D glue gel to add dimension.
Adhesive pearls were added to finish, giving that old vintage feel.

This was pretty simple, I just cut a piece of lace paper and backed around the edges with red line tape attaching lace.  I added the sentiment with double sided tape, the topper with foam tape and adhesive pearls to finish.  The whole thing was attached to a piece of pink Centura Pearl with 3D glue gel.
I punched a hole and again used lace as the tag tie.
I hope the week is going well for you all.

Happy Crafting Friends,

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment