Translate

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Finished Painting

Good Morning
 
Just a wee quick post today as off to work in a wee bit.  It is Wednesday though so all down hill till the weekend and a day closer to the Easter Holidays for some.  Its a great time to get crafty!!
 
I just thought I would finally post the finished painting that I started in May last year and if you have been following me since then you will have seen the beginnings in a blog around that time.
 
It was started in Oils and hasn't really been tinkered with since the summertime last year so was finally dry.  Instead of continuing with oil I have work with it over the weekend and last couple of day in acrylic paints, adding in some mica powder painting and gilding to finish off some of the detail. 
 
I don't think it will go down in history as the best painting in the world but I am happy with it.  If you stick it on the wall at the opposite end of the room, take off your glasses, squint a wee bit and turn out the lights, there is a tiny little resemblance to the original photo and to be honest art really isn't about making a carbon copy (that's my excuse).
 
It is going to be an Easter Gift for my friend who's garden and kitty it is, I am sure he will appreciate the time and love that has gone into it and that makes it all worth while.

Finally, the finished painting!!
 
A close up of the texture, the gilding on the cat silhouette and the Mica painting on the sun face ceramic.
I have had a go at the candle decorating and will post this when I have a little more time.
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment