Translate

Monday 4 March 2013

"Thinking of you" cards using Darice Embossing Folders

Afternoon All
 
I have been playing again with all the bits & pieces of card that I embossed over the weekend.  I also finally tried using the gilding flakes which are fab and so so easy to use, I want to put them on everything now.  Finally, I also stamped on some shrink plastic just for a wee change and a different little embellishment.
 
I embossed the reed folder on three different pieces of Core'dinations Card stock which came with the folders, instead of using my trimmer I tore around the edges and sanded back.  The piece of Kraft card I attached them to was also torn and I then flitter glued the edges and added gilding flakes. 
To put the card together I attached the orange & green reeds to the piece of craft card with double sided tape and the pink one with foam tape.  I then attached the bakers twine to the reverse using red line tape, and the "thinking of you" sentiment which was also stamped with flitter glue and gilded, was attached using 3D glue gel to add dimension.
The finished topper was attached to the card blank using foam tape.

This was quite simple to put together but I was pleased with how it worked out, will be a good "just because" card, something to keep on hand for those moments when you just need a card.
For this I started with a plain piece of white card, stamped & used gilding flakes as a background.  As I used a bumble bee background it fitted perfect with the bumble bee embossing folder and grassy shrubs.  These were just embossed trimmed and sanded back.
To put the card together I inked around the edge of the white card, attached using double sided tape, attached the green piece of Core'dinations in the same way and the yellow piece with foam tape.
In the inside of the card I added the embossed "Smile" sentiment.

This is just simply two of the embossing folders on Core'dinations Card stock sanded back to show the detail.
The pink piece was attached to a piece of Kraft card with double sided tape, the green with foam tape.  The topper was then attached to the card blank with foam tape and a couple of gems to finish.
A stamped and gilded "Thinking of you" sentiment was added to the inside of the card. 

My fav out of the quick cards was this one.  I never tire of seeing shrink plastic do its thing under the heat gun.
I used a beehive stamp on the card blank and then stamped this same stamp on shrink plastic to make matching embellishments. 
I used the other two bee themed embossing folders, simply trimmed and sanded back.
Well that will be me for the week I think as I am booked in for some big shifts at work.  Its a bit of an inconvenience as there are still Mother's Day cards to be done, looks like I will be last minute again this year!!
 
I also have the themes for this months group swaps and they are fab, been keeping me up at night with all the ideas, again just need the time but don't we all?
 
Hope your week has started well, happy crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment