Translate

Thursday 28 March 2013

Candle Decorating

Hello Bloggers
 
It is lovely to have a day off during the week.  Today I will be making my Easter cards for the family using the wonderful Hunkydory Flopsy Bunny Kit.  It is just the perfect thing for this time of year and Flopsy is just gorgeous.
 
As promised though this is a post about the candle decorating that I finally tried after watching Mel Heaton on Create & Craft.  She is such an inspirational crafter and has a blog aswell which is well worth following if you love her work as much as I do.  This is the link, the blog is called Paper Dreams.... http://bramwellsblog.blogspot.co.uk/
 
So all I need was some large candles, tissue paper, my chosen stamp, I used a black Momento Ink Pad, good quality watercolour pencils, Mica Flakes, wax paper and a heat gun. 
 
For the boxes I used the Crafters Companion Ultimate Pro, plain white A4 card, Centura Pearl Card from the Darks Collection, ribbon, dew drops, 3D glue gel & peel offs.
 
I stamped the image onto the tissue paper, coloured, cut out and layered onto the candle, held this in place tightly with the wax paper and used the heat gun to fix in place.  you can see that this is working as the wax comes through the paper slightly.  Be careful not to heat to much, it is a surprisingly quick process.

I used mica flakes as the butterfly trails.
The box maker on the Ultimate Pro is fantastic and it was easy to engineer the boxes to fit the candles perfectly.

The constructed box.
These will be my Easter gifts this year instead of chocolate.  I am super pleased with how they turned out. 
 
My next venture will be to try printing onto the tissue from the ever growing selection of crafting Cd's that I have, I am ashamed to say that I still have not replaced my ink cartridges and this is the only reason my cards and gifts will not match this year.
 
I have a lovely Tatty Teddy CD ROM and the matching paper kit so it would have been lovely to have the Tatty Ted candle with matching cards but nevermind.  Its in the pipeline :)

Finished gifts.
I also popped together a couple of cards to go with these.  They were very simple, just some lovely fibrous papers, & peel-offs coloured with Promarkers.


Happy Crafting,

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment