Translate

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Mini Barrel of Smarties

Good Morning All
 
It is such a beautiful day today compared to what we have had over the last few days.  Still cold but at least the snow is gone!!  This time last year I had started planting in the greenhouse but this year it is still just far too cold for that, hopefully get started next week? surely the weather has to change?
 
Well yesterday it was Davids birthday and as I am completely rubbish at cooking and baking I decided to steal an idea that I have seen around the Web/ Facebook/ Twitter.  It all started with the lovely "Little Piggies Swimming in Nutella in a Kit Kat Barrel" on the So Delicious blog.  It is just amazing and I saved this for future reference.  This is the link - http://sodelicio.us/2013/02/little-piggies-swimming-in-nutella-in-a-kit-kat-barrel/
 
I didn't ever think I would get around to making though as the pigs I found could not be bought and had to me made!!  Then, just when I though all hope was lost, the lovely Anne-Marie from Hunkydory made a take on the cake using smarties, now that I could do, well attempt anyway. If you have Facebook and you are not already a follower, Anne-Marie is always posting sneak peaks to new kits and other lovely crafty things - just search for "Anne-Marie Hunkydory".  
 
I wasn't going for the full size cake as there are just too many calories involved in that so I made a wee individual one just for David to eat on his own.  I bought a cupcake, covered in choc fudge icing, surrounded with dark choc kit kats and added a wee pack of smarties and a bow.  Looked the business and well after all its the thought that counts........isn't it?

 
I would definitely advise trying this is you like making cakes, I however, should really just stay out of the kitchen!!
 
Anyway, I am off to get ready for work, Tuesday already!  Enjoy the rest of your week whatever you are up to.
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment