Translate

Saturday 2 March 2013

Thank You Card using S.W.A.L.K stamp

Quick post part 2.
 
So after all the cutting and embossing that I did this morning, I managed to use just a couple of the odd bits to create a Thank You card for a friend.  I actually think it turned out OK considering I didn't set out to make anything in particular.
 
So I used a Hunkydory 8x8 card blank, a couple of A4 sheets of Centura Pearl Card in purple, some scraps of gold Mirri Card, an A5 piece of lemon handmade paper, paper flowers, adhesive pearls, purple ink pad, S.W.A.L.K Blooming Wonderful stamp from Crafters Companion (Promarkers to colour), Embossalicious 6x6 folder with flowers on, XCut dies for the swirl & for cutting out the matts, then the usual staples of double sided tape & 3D glue gel.

 
Firstly I inked around the edges of the card & all the pieces with a matching purple ink pad.  Cut the base matt to 7 3/4x7 3/4, cut the A5 sheet of handmade paper to fit exactly in the centre, took a couple of pieces of embossed card and attached to base with double sided tape.  I added the sentiment & gold swirls with 3D glue gel before doing the same with the topper to add some dimension.
 
The paper flowers were all also added using 3D glue gel to give height, texture & interest to the card.

Instead of an insert, I just used some of the cut off pieces of card to create a matching inside with a little sentiment.

Well that's all for tonight, away to have that drink,

Much love,

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment