Translate

Saturday 21 September 2013

A journey around my garden....

Good Morning
 
As promised I thought I would start me being back blogging with a look around my garden.  These photos have been taken over the last couple of months.  Some of the plants have been in for a couple of years now and are doing amazingly well despite my poor care (although I pretend to be green fingered its more luck than anything else!!), some of the plants have been grown from seeds bought and some grown from seeds gathered from last years plants.
 
Our choices on what plants we grew this year were based on the current awareness of the countries dwindling number of Bees and Butterflies.  The plants we chose where ones favoured by these wee insects, flowers such as Tulips to start, Wild Poppies selection and Laburnum as well as the usual Lavender.  I'm not sure they are all favoured but it really seemed to attract the bees, I haven't seen so many in a long time.


White Clematis.



Purple Clematis, the berries are left from the flowering Honeysuckle.
 
It has really started to cover the fence and looking fab after just two years.


Lots of green before the Poppies flowered.


Mixed Wild Poppies, Laburnum, Lavender.


Laburnum.
I have loved seeing the colours and lovely flowers this year and we will be going for this selection again next Spring/ Summer.  However, it is now time to get ready for next year so the Poppies & Laburnum are already gone all ready to plant the bulbs for the daffodils and tulips.
 
We should all get behind trying to save our bees, it doesn't take much and you get the benefit of beautiful blooms for your trouble.
 
For more information on what you can do to help save our Bees, have a wee look at this site (I have no affiliation to this site, I have visited, enjoyed and learned alot) -
 
Happy Gardening!!
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment