Translate

Monday 23 September 2013

Gorjuss 50th Birthday Card - Purple & Silver

Yayyyy!!!! Day 4...
 
So, 50th Birthday Cards........I was thinking Gold and it was for a lady so flowers but decide to go for a cutesy kinda look but with an older type feel.  Gorjuss is a great product from Do Crafts and Santoro.
 
However, I had ran out of my favourite square 8x8 blanks but still have some round 8x8 ones which I find more difficult to work with but I enjoyed the challenge.  Some of the tools used with this were the Grand Calibur, Crafters Companion Quilling Dies, Darice Embossing Folders also from Crafters Companion as well as the Gorjuss Kit from Do Crafts.

The whole card and all its elements have been inked around the edges using purple ink, which just takes the glaring white away especially as this card is in darker colours.  The shapes have been cut out using dies and then embossed to give a little dimension.  the Mirri Card gives a little reflection but reflects all the colour around it.  Small details are added such as the bakers twine bow and the purple Kanban Dew Drops.

The inside of the card has been put together to compliment the front again using the colours/ cuts/ shapes/ embossing/ dew drops and finally a smaller topper which also imitates the front all tying it together.

This just shows the dimension of the card.  This was achieved by using layers of different shapes/ styles/ types/ colour card and the all important 3D glue gel.

The Quilling Dies from Crafters Companion are just fabulous.  These are so easy to use and look so elegant.  These are made by using a small die and a large die of the same design.  For this card I tried to use card colours that I used within the card itself, in the centres I used purple Kanban Dew Drops and a silver spacer bead for a bit of an expensive look and the glitter card just looks lovely, just a few leafs was all that was needed.
I was really pleased with how this turned out and will continue to use the round 8x8's although I have ordered some square ones for my Christmas Card orders. 
 
Happy Crafting!!
 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment