Translate

Saturday 15 September 2012

Baby Boy Card using Nigel May's All Kinds of Everything CD

Afternoon Everyone

As promised, although a little late as it didn't load up as planned, here is the lovely card I made for my other half's Niece.  She is a new Big Sister and that is such a lovely thing to be, a bit of a hard job though, means you have to make all the mistakes so that the youngster learns from them (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it).
 
So for this card I used an A5 White Hunkydory Card Blank, Nigel May's All Kinds of Everything CD, some lemon satin ribbon, Sakura Coloured Glitter Gel Pens, Sakura Clear Glaze Pen, an A4 sheet of Gold Mirri Card, A tag topper, gold peel-offs, double sided tape, foam pads and red line tape.

I printed out the topper and backing papers as well as a matching insert from Nigel May's CD.  I cut the backing paper to size and before this was layered onto card using double sided tape, I popped a strip of red line tape down the right side and pinched and stuck the lemon ribbon on to give a little texture.  I layered the topper onto a piece of Gold Mirri Card and attached to the card using foam pads to add dimension.  The tag topper was already built up using card, a button and a brad.  I personalised with some gold peel-offs and attached to card again using foam pads.  The insert was simply printed from CD and attached into the card using double sided tape.

The topper was printed from the CD and I cut and layered this up which took some time but was well worth it.  I layered this up using tiny foam pads, used the Sakura Clear Glaze pen to glaze the hearts and the string that the blocks and other bits are hanging from.  I used all the other coloured Sakura Glitter Gel pens in co-ordinating colours to pick out some of the details such as the musical notes, some highlights on the rabbit, moon, stars etc this just added a lovely sparkle.
Well that's all for now, Christmas cards to follow!!

Happy Crafting!

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment