Translate

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Old School Embossing

Morning All!!

So to find out how long till Christmas visit http://www.xmasclock.com/  There are only something like 3 paydays to go so it is completely acceptable to have started your Christmas Shopping.  I am feeling that it may be another unorganised year for me this year!!
 
So for this card I used an A6 card blank, Rainbow Mirri Card, Kanban Mini Toppers, Velum, embossing plate/ ball tool, Christmas red chalk pad, double sided tape and foam pads.

Although this card looks really simple, it took me ages!! I do not have an embossing machine so had to emboss the background velum the old fashioned way.  I used a very small snowflake border stencil and moved this around the velum to create the full sheet of snowflakes adding in the occasional dove.  I then inked over this with the chalk pad to pick out the raised pattern, wrapped around a piece of Rainbow Mirri Card and I attached the vellum at the back with double sided tape before mounting on the card also with double sided tape.  The topper were simply attached with foam pads.

Happy Christmas Crafting (although I know I am a bit late as a lot of Crafters have completely finished their Christmas stocks!!!)

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment