Translate

Thursday 13 September 2012

Baby Boy Card using Debbie Moore's Cracker Box Mice CD

Hello Peeps!!

Well Autumn is well and truly here, very blustery and wet out and there is a definite change in temperature.  I was driving the other day down to my mums and the wind was blowing the leafs of the trees and it just looked a picture.  I love this time of year although I have a cold already!!

So the wee hats are away in the post and this has let me get back to making some cards.  I have today made two new baby cards, and three birthday cards, that gets me all up to date from now till Christmas meaning that from tomorrow the Christmas cards are getting done, I have only two weeks before I start my new job so I want to have them all done for then just in case David does any fairs over the festive period.

My other half's sister had her baby on Tuesday so this is the baby card that I made for her from us both.  We wont be able to see the wee man till we are both clear of the cold which is a complete bummer, but isn't it always the way!

For this card I used an 8x8 white Hunkydory Card Blank, the new Debbie Moore Cracker Box Mice CD, an A4 sheet of Rainbow Mirri Card, Some teal satin ribbon, peel-offs, a chipboard sentiment, Sakura Clear Glaze Pen, Epoxy embellishments, double sided tape, red line tape, foam pads and Microsoft Word for my insert poem.
Firstly printed topper, background paper & insert paper from the CD, cut out the decoupage and stacked this up using foam pads to give a little dimension to the card.  I cut the background paper down to 7 3/4 x7 3/4 so that it fit perfectly on the card blank.  Before attaching this I added a strip of red line tape and ruffled a ribbon down the side to add another texture.  I backed the topper on Rainbow Mirri Card and attached to card using Foam pads, also attached the chipboard sentiment in the same way.
For the topper I cut out all the pieces, and layered up using foam pads.  I outlined the balloons in the background with the Sakura Clear Glaze Pen, glaze the mouses ears & nose and also uses this pen to "colour" in the balloon to give a lovely shine.  I added an "its a boy" peel-off sentiment and that was it all done!


The insert was simply co-ordinating backing papers, a poem printed from Word using blue ink, stuck all this down with double sided tape and added a couple of epoxy embellishments just to finish.

Tomorrows post will be of a lovely card for a new big sister, something that we just would not be able to find in a shop.
 
Thanks for stopping by ;o)
 
Happy Crafting!!
 
Amanda x




No comments:

Post a Comment