Translate

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Mini Kanban Topper Aperture Cards

Morning Crafty People
 
These are some of the last mini toppers that are left from the Kanban Kit, I think that I probably could have done so much more with them but really just wanted to use up some of the older card stock and bits that I had left from Christmas last year and clear the decks a little.  I have made no headway at all, my crafty stash is just too out of control!! 
 
I am aiming to use all of the paper packs that I have and just look into buying Cd's for the future and good quality paper for the printer.  How good would that be walking into my craft room with just the laptop, printer, pile of paper/ card, shelf of fantastic Cd's and my Cricut, the other half would be a happy man.
 
So onto today's Christmas cards, for these cards I have used plain white Hunkydory card blanks, 6x6 Christmas backing paper pad, mini Kanban tag toppers, silver coloured sparkly string, red/ blue chalk pads, silver Mirri Card, peel-offs, double sided tape and foam pads.

For this card I cut a piece of blue snowflake Kanban Card to line the inside, a piece of red 6x6 for the outside, attached both to the card with double sided tape.  Used double sided tape to stick two different mini tags together and strung this with silver string attaching to the card with a piece of double sided tape allowing it to sit in the aperture that I cut using a circle cutter.  I stamped a sentiment with a red chalk pad, inked around the edges, attached to Mirri Card using double sided tape and then to the card using foam pads.  I attached a sparkly strip peel-off down the right side to finish.

For the inside I just trimmed a small piece of the backing paper and added a strip peel-off down each side to match in with the front.


Another card done in much the same way.
The inside, I have since inked around the inside of the aperture.



















I will definitely cut my apertures with the Cricut if I ever venture down this route again.  I have tried it the hard way, results are OK a bit around about the garden but I need perfect!!
 
Well I'm off to the gym, then a few more cards.  I am really getting nervous about starting my new job at the end of the week.
 
Happy Crafting Everyone,
 
Amanda xx



No comments:

Post a Comment