Translate

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Last of the Kanban Mini Christmas Card Toppers

Its Hump Day, all downhill now till the weekend!!
 
These are the last of the mini toppers from the Kanban kit that I have. I think that I have managed to make quite a bit out of them which is fab and my photo's really do not do them justice.  The printing, colours and weight of the card stock used is fantastic and the quality really does shine through.
 
So for these I again used Hunkydory white card blanks, red/ blue chalk pads, Silver Mirri Card, Sakura Clear Star Glitter Gel Pen, Sakura Clear Glaze Gel Pen, silver sparkly string, double sided tape and foam pads.
I made two of these cards exactly the same.  These were very simple, I just cut a piece of the lovely Kanban red snow card to fit the front of the card blank, inked the edges with a red chalk pad and attached to the card blank with double sided tape.  I then attached the topper with foam pads.  I stamped a sentiment again using the red chalk, inked the edges of it, layered onto Mirri card and attached to the card using foam pads, simple but lovely.  I did think it needed some sparkle though so have since added three red gems to the top left hand corner and three to the bottom right hand corner.

I cut down a piece of the blue snowflake Kanban card to fit the front of the card blank, inked the edges with a red chalk pad to pick out the reindeer's nose and attached to the card using double sided tape.  I inked the edge of the Santa envelope and attached using foam pads, before doing this is threaded up the reindeer tag and attached the top of the thread to the underside of the envelope with tape and attached the tag part with a foam pad to the card.  The round topper was layered onto the aperture from one of the last cards and attached to the card with double sided tape.  I used a Sakura Clear Glaze Pen to give a little shine the reindeer's noses and Santa's nose on the envelope.  The Clear Star pen was used to add some glitter to the falling snow just on the toppers.

The bottom of this card does not look straight but it is, it is the Mirri reflection that is making it look a bit out of line I think, this card was put together to use up some of the card remnants.  I cut a piece of Mirri to cover the front of the card.  I then used two of the leftover piece of the blue snowflake card to make two panels on the card, before attaching these to the Mirri with double sided tape, I inked around the edges with a pale blue chalk pad.  I then added the topper to the centre of the top panel with foam pads.  The sentiment was stamped in jet black and inked with the blue chalk pad before layering on Mirri and being attached with foam pads.
So that's me for just now.  I will be starting on some larger cards today and an order for a friend which is very different for a Christmas card and should be lovely, if i manage to do it well enough that is!!
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda x


No comments:

Post a Comment