Translate

Monday 17 September 2012

Baby Girl Card using Nigel May's All Kinds of Everything CD

Afternoon Everyone

I have had a morning away from Christmas crafting to make a last minute baby card for a lady at my other half's work who has had her little girl 8 weeks early!! I have heard they are both doing well though which is fantastic. 
 
This is going to be from the whole team so it is just a little bit bigger than A4 and was such a great project to do.
 
I used a large sheet of card, it was double the size of A3, which I managed to get half the envelope out of as well and used another sheet of A3 card for the other half on the envelope, I also needed two sheets of A4 silver embossed Mirri Card, lemon & pink satin ribbon, two hand-knitted booties, a brooch back, needle & thread, strong jewellery glue, hole pinch & eyelets, twine, Sakura Clear Glaze Pen, Sakura coloured glitter pen & Clear Star Glitter Pen, Versamark Pad, Craft Artist Professional, Clear sparkle embossing powder, double sided tape, red line tape & foam pads.

Just going to get the envelope out the way first.  I have the Crafter's Companion envelope & box maker but not the enveloplus which would do the A4+ size cards so I have had to improvise, I simply cut two pieces of card making sure that one fit inside the other and scored all the lines and tabs using the Ultimate Pro, it worked out perfect except that the top closing tap is on the wrong side, I have added a strip of decorative paper to this though to match the card so it has all worked out OK and looks fab.  The card is not A4 its just a few centimetres bigger so I could not get a shop bought envelope to fit, that will teach me to measure my card properly first :o)

So the first thing that I did was print off the backing paper and borders from the CD, the 3D toppers on the CD  are all in blue though so the only way I could get around this was to print the A5 topper 4 times and cut the decoupage out to suit myself. 
I then used Craft Artist Professional to print off a bottle, bear and the "GIRL" letters along the bottom, again I printed these three times so that I could decoupage certain letters. 
To save using too much silver Mirri card, cut out the centre part that will be behind the backing paper, this game me enough to layer behind the border and the topper. 
So I attached the backing paper to the Mirri card with double sided tape and attached to the card in the same way.  I layered the decoupage up on the topper with mini foam pads, attached the topper to the Mirri with double sided tape and then to the card also with foam pads.  I used the Sakura Clear Glaze pen and Sakura coloured glitter pens to highlight areas of the topper giving it some sparkle. 
Using a Versamark pad to cover the print out of the bottle, word "girl" and the bear embellishment and sprinkled over some clear sparkle embossing powder and heat from the back to give a love glass like finish.  The bottle was attached with foam pads to the card and "GIRL" was layered up with foam pads and attached in the same way. 
The border along the top is going to hold the bootie brooch and so after layering this on Mirri card I punched out two holes added eyelets and then wrapped twine between these to give a good strong base for the brooch to sit.  I then used red line tape and stuck the ribbon down buy pinching, giving some texture and attached the whole thing to the card with foam pads.

The insert was simply a piece of notepaper and an DL insert from the CD, I layered the notepaper on the mirri card from which I cut out the centre again.  I layered the poem onto the mirri card and attached using foam pads.  The little embossed bear from Craft Artist Professional was also attached with foam pads.

The brooch was made by sewing together multiple layers of lemon and pink ribbon, then sew on the buttons to the front.  I knitted booties, added lemon bows to these and attached a length of lemon ribbon to the booties which meant these could then be sewn onto the layers of ribbon.  I added the brooch back using jewellery glue E600 and this has held well, I may however add a couple of stitches just to be sure.
Well off now to go to the gym and then will be back to Christmas Cards.

Happy Crafting Everyone!!

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment