Translate

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Boys Birthday Card using a La Pashe topper (1)

Happy Hump day!!
 
All downhill to the weekend, we can do it :)
 
Today is a very special day, it is my lovely brothers birthday.  Love him so very much, family is important.  This is the 8x8 card that I made for my Mum & Dad to give to him and I do hope he like it. 
 
I used a La Pashe decoupage sheet, cut out all the pieces and popped together using little mini foam pads.  It is based around a guitar theme as he plays the guitar & has done for many years.  Really good at it as well *says me in a non-biased way of course*.

As you can see it isn't too fussy as for a guy but I have still managed to add a little ribbon & some gems for texture but keep the masculine feel. 
The ribbon is attached to the back of the last Matt using red line tape, this just hides the workings so to speak and gives a neater finish.
The gems, sentiment, "SON" and actual topper were attached using 3D glue gel, just to give a little dimension.

Showing all decoupage layers, giving dimension to the card.

The inside of the card is just a sentiment poem layered on matching paper from the front.
Another to follow tomorrow, made with lots of love by me from me :)
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment