Translate

Monday 25 February 2013

Hiya!!

Evening All
 
Just thought I had better check in and say hi, let you all know what I have been up to.
 
Today I started another baby blanket for my Brothers friend.  This one is going to be pink although I have already got a lemon one & a multi coloured pastel pinkish one on the go also.  Going to try and finish them all for the weekend, It will mean that he has a choice this time but if he takes all three, bonus!  I will pop photos on when I am done, really loving the multi-pastel one.
 
Well, over the weekend the most crafty thing I did was shop online!!  But this does mean that I have finally succumb to the word of embossing & die cutting.............yip I have finally purchased a Grand Calibur and cannot wait for it to arrive.  Then whats the use of having the machine without any bits you say...........yip I also bought the Crafters Companion Embossing Folders, some Core'dinations Card Pads and as I couldn't quite stretch to some Spellbinders Dies I managed to get a good deal on a load of XCut ones.  I am sure these will do the job till I win the lottery as that is my crafty budget completely blown out of the water for this month.................I mean year!  I doubt I will ever be allowed to purchase another crafty thing in my whole life.
 
The embossing folders from Crafters Companion look fab and that was the reason for the quick change of heart and the final push to make me "need" one of these machines.  The borders are fantastic and Leann's demos showed so so many ways in which they can be used.  I really want to start a scrapbook about my animals and the 12" borders are going to be brilliant for that, esp the one with the paw prints!! It is going to feel like Christmas when the 24 bundle embossing pack fall on my doormat.  You might not hear from me for a while.
 
 
 
and here http://www.createandcraft.tv/Darice_Embossing_Folder_Border_Bundle_271597.aspx?fh_location=//createandcraft/en_GB/$s=embossing\u0020folders if you would like to see a quick video on how they are used and how great they actually look.
 
If I do not produce great looking cards now then I think I should give up all together and try something new.  I have been assured though by a crafty friend that it will make all the difference.
 
In preparation I have tonight printed off loads of the digistamps from the Crafters Companion S.W.A.L.K CD.  I have not crafted with any of these images before so its all new.  The digistamps look great though and are going to be brilliant to colour. 
 
I would have printed the colour ones so they were just ready to go but I am all out of blue ink in the printer and haven't quite made it to the shops to buy a new cartridge.  As you all know shopping in actual shops is a bit of a chore for me, not a fan at all so not quite sure when I will be able to print any stuff from my lovely Cd's.  Might have to rope someone else into going shopping for me.................."oh you are going past Breahead, could you just drop in and pick me up a cartridge for my printer" yip been practising that one, just waiting on the opportunity to use it on an unsuspecting person or people.
 
Other than that its all been a bit uneventful in my little crafty world.  Hopefully have a few finished projects over the next few days to pop on and show you.  Would be good to here from you guys though, still no comments this year, good, bad or indifferent.
 
Bedtime for me, hope you have had a great start to the week and that it continues right through till the weekend.
 
Much Love
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment