Translate

Friday 15 February 2013

Postcards - Flower Explosion (a very tame explosion)

Happy Friday
 
The weeks are just flying by!!  Whats your plans for the weekend? 
 
My weekend I will mostly be working at my actual day job, making a couple of birthday & a couple of anniversary cards and going to see "Beautiful Creatures" at the cinema.  I haven't been for an age so will be great.
 
I will also be making a card & ATC for a lovely friend going through a hard time.  I will post all of these after the dates of the events.  Must think of something to do meantime to keep you all entertained haha!!
 
So my postcards theme was Flower Explosion.  I am a pretty safe crafter so my explosion is more like a small shower, I didn't really go wild at all but I know the girls will make up for that!!

This is just a terribly stamped background, edged with a green Promarker, a stamped sentiment coloured also with promarkers.  I have distressed the edges of the leafs & the sentiment using the Tom Holtz distress tool.

I have added acrylic flowers with glue gel so that they stay stuck.  The leafs & sentiment have been stuck on using 3D glue gel this means that the raised areas will stay raised.

The stamped background and the sentiment have been coloured with sepia toned Promarkers and layered onto Gold Mirri Card.  The large bronze coloured acrylic rose has been attached to the card with twine.

This just shows the dimension of the layers, again used 3D glue gel for this.

Well that's me for this week, I do hope you all have a fantastic weekend & if you are crafting make it messy!!
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment