Translate

Saturday 14 April 2012

The Cricut Create

Good Evening All

Hope your weekend is going well, mine started with a driving lesson then a scoot about some Craft Fairs to see where I might apply to sell my wares :)  It was a successful morning!!

This afternoon I have just popped together some simple cards which I made with the Cricut Create, an absolutely fantastic machine that I just could not be without, I was so lucky to have my Dad buy this for me as a sneaky wee gift, just because........

So this is it, this is the Create, its so easy to use, all you need is a collection of cartridges which takes time to build up, I had one with the machine and have bought a further six but there are so many new up and coming titles and the uses just go on & on. 

You will also get a sticky mat with the machine which is where you attach your paper and lets the machine know what size of paper/card/material/felt you are using and therefore the area it has to cut on.


These pictures show a collection of shapes that were cut out on different colours of card, some from the Nursery Cartridge and a few from the Sesame Street Cartridge which I love love love.  




Once all the shapes were cut, I then coloured them with the Promarkers to give them some more defined detail.

And finally I created some very basic cards, using stamps, backing papers, foam pads, double sided tape & gems.








You can also use the shapes to create some very lovely artwork, these are a few canvases I put together for Valentines Day this year;





These just use the basic shapes from the Cricut Create, with sequins/glitter/puffy paint & fabric butterflies.

Well that's me for the night!!

Happy Crafting,

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment