Translate

Monday 30 April 2012

Baby Girl Nappy Card

Hello

So yesterday I showed how to put together a "nappy pin" & today, well I am going to show how to put together a nappy card. 

This was not my idea, I came across the template for the card whilst looking for a tutorial for something else and loved it, it was perfect timing for me as I needed to actually make a couple of cards and could definitely put my own stamp on it.  Hence replacing the bow with a pin :o)

You can find the template here;

I used my printer to print the template onto a piece of A3 paper.  I then transferred this onto a good quality card and cut around it. 

I then picked out two pretty papers that went together well, using double-sided sticky tape I applied the paper to the front of the card, I then used a craft knife to cut around the outside removing the excess. 

Once this is done, turn over and do the second side as all sides of this card are going to be seen, you should now have something that looks like this;


At this stage I then put the template back over the top and put the slits in the card, these are to hold the ribbon in place or in my case the pin. 

Once this was done I used the crafters companion and a scoring tool to put the creases where the folds were going.  Your card should now look like this;


At the moment it certainly doesn't look finished.  I opened the card back out and used a pink Promarker along the edges to get rid of the white, and used the bow maker to make a pink ribbon to stick above the nappy pin.  This just took the complete newness away from the card and makes such a difference!
At this point I knew that the card would need some stability and so I cut a piece of white card 1inch higher than the card, I scored a line 1 inch in from the top.  I then covered this in the same paper as the front of the nappy, in this case, pink and attached it to the card with double-sided tape as before cutting with the craft knife and edging with the Promarker.
To attach this to the card I then covered the 1inch strip in strong double-sided tape, folded along the score line and attached to the back of the card, it now looks a little like this;
The only thing left to do is to put the sentiment on the inside of the card.  I used individual letter stamps and a Staz-on stamp pad to complete this;

Finally, I made the envelope in matching paper and popped into a cello bag to protect it.  I am pleased with how it turned out and hopefully the recipient will be too.


Night Night All & Happy Crafting!!

Amanda xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a fantastic card! I have not seen this style before but it is so cute!
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debs, It wasnt my idea but it is something you can defo pop your own spin on. Thank you for looking at the blog, you are the very first person to comment on any of my posts, you have made my day :o)

      *hugs*

      Amanda x

      Delete