Translate

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Fiskars


Good Evening All

What a crazy day today weather wise, rained when I was out on my driving lesson this morning, then the sun was shining hot this afternoon and it is pouring down with rain now, we really do sometimes get four seasons in one day!!

My other half tool the day off and spent it in the garden giving me lots of peace to get the house cleaned and then relax for some serious crafting, I have one question, does anyone have these scissor thingies from Fiskars?


They have some amazing cutting patterns on them and would make such good borders and patterns for card but can I get them to cut an actual straight line, nope I can not.  I said this to my sister and she said they are not meant to cut straight lines, so I really should explain what I mean.  I mean, if I have a piece of paper/card and I want a one inch strip cut, I always end up with one inch at the bottom of the paper and then one and a half at the top.  I have tried drawing lines but that doesn't work either. 

I would really like any tips and help if anyone has any? it is much appreciated.



As promised, I made some card from the digistamps that I coloured with the Promarkers earlier in the week.  I mounted them on piece of coloured card, then mounted a piece of the same card on a card blank, covered this with lovely Christmas stock paper, all using double sided tape.  Then attached the newly mounted digistamp to the card with foam squares to give it some depth.  This is the basis for card, I then added buttons, ribbon and clear or black crystals.  Just bits I had handy in my stash as I really need to clear out and get my card stuff organised so i can find things. 

The cards do still have the sentiments to be added but I can do that nearer the time of year they are for.













This is the inside of the cards, I always pop in a piece of co-ordinating stock paper and a small co-ordinating embellishment.  I then put a poem or quote or something suitable down the centre so that the colour just pops out slightly from the sides, looks nice when its done but again i will be looking for some nice Christmas poems closer the time. 



It is still a little too early for Christmas cards and only did these as I was wanting to try out the Promarkers to see how I got on with them and they are actually OK, these turned out fine so I may try some more stamping and colouring for birthdays etc, watch this space!!

Well its late late late so off to bed I go!

Sweet-crafty-dreams,

Amanda xx


No comments:

Post a Comment