Translate

Tuesday 24 April 2012

All sorts of Info!

Hey Peeps,

Isn't it so funny how time can fly by without even noticing it? I have been busy busy busy looking for new ways to advertise my wee business and new markets to attend to sell the lovely things that I make.  This means that I have neglected this little blog, but no more!!

So far I have booked two markets, if you are in the area, it would be great to see you, please pop by and say hi;

Granny would be proud vintage & craft fair Sunday 6 May 2012  

Finlaystone Country Estate Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 May 2012      
It will be good to see the set ups and if it suits the product and us we will maybe look at booking up regular events with both. 

The one at Finlaystone will be great, it is indoors but set in just the most loveliest location, a great area for walks and getting back to nature.  At events we usually only take the bath products but for this event we are able to take the jewellery & cards also, something different for us. 

Pamela Randal, a very well known and respected artist,will also be showing her works here.  It will be great to speak with her and to see all her amazing creative paintings, one very talented lady, I am quite excited about this due to my love of art.  http://www.pamelarandal.co.uk/ is Pamela's website where you can view her work and any events that she may be attending.

I have also been applying for jobs aswell, seems like a lifetime ago when I last updated my CV and I have forgotten altogether what its like to be interviewed so this is a worry.  I find it so hard when asked what skills I could bring to the role and why I should be picked out of a selection of other more than worthy candidates.  Not sure my nerves will take it!! Oh! and application forms, the one i filled out was like a novel, the pages were neverending!!

Is anyone else like me and thought when I was at school I would leave and then be in the same job forever and love it, how life is so very different.

After many years of being down in the dumps I am now very much the sort of person who believes "if life throws you lemons......................make lemonade" great saying, makes me smile when I am having a particularly bad lemon moment and probably why I have been working so hard.  Motivation can come from the smallest and strangest of places.

Anyway, one other major thing in my life at the moment is the new skill of driving that I am attempting to learn and quickly, sometimes I think pedestrians would be safer walking on the road................no, I guess I'm really not quite that bad. 

I have been studying the theory side of things which to be honest is a bit hit and miss, the questions are fine, its really just the hazard perception that I am struggling with.  If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate a wee heads up, I would be so so so grateful.  To be honest it should have been done when I was seventeen at which point I wouldn't even have had to sit a theory test.  My driving instructor was surprised when I presented him with the old paper style licence, I obviously don't look old enough ;o)

Crafting wise I have completed another few squares for my crochet blanket that is in production but I have had to have the last couple of days off, its a great relaxing pastime but I do occasionally get a bit of an ache in my shoulder, I take it its just from the repetitive nature and also as I just crochet like mad for days straight!!!



















So that's the blanket, I now have 10 or 12 squares can't quite remember, I figure if I do 20 in total that should make up a blanket 5x4 and do a few different coloured borders should end up kinda double bed size.  So even though not to many squares to go there is still loads to do, sewing it together then completing the borders, might be done for Christmas!!

I had another go with the Craft Artist package, I seem to have been drawn into the scrap-booking side of it rather than using it for cards which I intended it to be for.  It is great even just for the photo editing part, photo's are a struggle for me, I never can take then just right.  Craftseller the magazine did an article this month on just that, they recommended a portable studio http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-soft-lighting-studio-38260  I purchased this yesterday and i really do think it will make a huge difference, pictures can be taken at any time in the day which is a great benefit to us crafters who can be crafting through the night instead of sleeping!!

You have met my ferrets so now here's my crazy catz, from top left, Sox my wee black & white kitty, Fiesta a wee tortoise shell, Cash my huge big panther, Buster the boy, he is the boss of the house and Tilly a wee whiskers cat, shes a proper little princess.  Its so great that they all have their own personalities.  All but one of my furries were rescues from the Cats Protection, we got Buster and Fiesta at just 8 weeks old, then 1 year later we got Cash & Sox, they are brother/sister and were feral cats so took alot of love and care.  It was good that we had the two older cats as I believe they helped to settle them in.  We then received Tilly from a lady who was very ill and sadly passed away, we have now had her for a year and a half, luckily she is the same age as my older cats and gets on well with them when she's not being a diva!! 

Can you tell I love my babies?


Also decided to finally colour in the rest of the stamps I printed weeks ago, really pleased with them, definitely getting the hang of Promarkers.  These will just make up some decoupage mini type cards, loads of glitter and ribbon.


I have been asked by my Mum to do a couple of baby cards, I need some ideas of what would be good, maybe an easel card? a card with drawers in it? an aperture card? what about a faux story-book maybe using the Storybook Cricut Cartridge to create different pages? oh there are so many choices................................help anyone? what do you think?

That my lovelies is the major events since my last blog.  Nothing too exciting but all challenging and time consuming. 

Today I had delivered the crafters companion which is on special offer at http://www.createandcraft.tv  Product Number: 203314.  This is going to be my task for tomorrow, watch the DVDs whilst completing some mock driving theory exams.

 Well I am off to bed *yawn*

Sweet-crafty-dreams

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment