Translate

Saturday 7 April 2012

Colouring with Promarkers

Hey Everyone

Its been a good wee productive day today.

Managed to finish planting all the strawberry babies from last year, roughly 150 of them have been planted over the last two weeks lol, hopefully this means we will get a great crop this year, theres nothing better than home grown strawbs, so so fresh.  We also have blueberries, rhubarb, peppers, peas, courgettes, tomatoes, lettuce, sunflowers and various other flowers on the go this year as well.  My other half and I are a bit hit & miss when it comes to gardening so I will let you know how things progress.

I also spent some time today grooming the ferrets, now I don't know how many people who read this have ferrets but the amount of hair that came off them today!! looking at it you would have thought it would have at least halved their size :) I'm sure they must feel so much better for it though!!

So crafting, well tonight after tea I finished off colouring the digistamps I started yesterday with the promarkers and pencils.  I believe that I am getting better, practice could make perfect ..................................eventually!








I found some really great tutorials for using Promarkers on You Tube, number 1-4 show you the same picture being coloured from start to finish and the Promarker Blender Tool tutorial is done by "Lily of the Valley", this shows how to use the blender to stretch your colour onto white and make a really soft image.  They are the simplest tutorials I have found and are great for starting out.

Part 1 colouring with Promarkers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7uddwO0EpM&feature=related

Part 2 colouring with Promarkers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJYppUw-EM&feature=relmfu

Part 3 colouring with Promarkers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llBVJLsBK8k&feature=relmfu

Part 4 colouring with Promarkers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0AMCH6OQj0&feature=relmfu

How to use your Promarker blender to blend one colour with white
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmFTBYwWpxI&feature=related

And that is Promarkers, I think that they are an essential tool for any type of crafter,  they can be used as watercolours, actually stamping rather than using ink pads, colouring the edge of card to get rid of the white edge etc, I have not even begun to use them to their full potential.  Create & Craft also offer another type of marker which are similar but come in bigger packs and are refillable "Spectrum Noirs". 

The digistamps coloured yesterday and today will be glittered up, cut & layered onto cards tomorrow, hopefully they will turn out OK.  I will post the outcome to show what can be done with just plain printed off stamps.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow, a good day to celebrate and of course to eat lots of chocolate eggs.

Happy crafting

Amanda xx



No comments:

Post a Comment