Translate

Friday 6 April 2012

Mothers Day Card using La Pashe Kit

Happy Easter Everyone :)

It was a quiet day for me here today, didn't get up to as much as I would like to have done for various reasons.  

Good news though, the website is fine picture wise, they were a little "stretched" but some tweaking with the code has fixed this out, any other issues are just my skills at photography.  I am waiting on a new photo box thingy coming which is just a white diffuser type thing which means with a daylight lamp which I already have, I should be able to take pictures at anytime and they will all have a lovely white background and hopefully be as clear as day.  That's the theory anyway as the pictures for the jewellery really do need to be retaken and I also would like to get all the cards on the site as well, better than them sitting in the dinning room doing nothing!!!

After having a look at the Particraft blog today where Sue used watercolour pencils to do a very lovely card, I decided to get out my Promarkers & pencils to give them a wee go, I have only used them to do a batch of Mothers Day cards this year and so quite the novice!!




Instead of stamping or using some lovely plain toppers, I decided to use some of the digistamps left over from Christmas that never got used as there was no time to colour them, they actually turned out OK, so at some point this weekend I will be making up some Xmas cards, rather early or late me thinks but I'm not great at keeping things, i would rather make them and box them and know that they are done.


Promarkers are amazing, they have a fine tip at one end and a chisel tip on the other, they come in very handy for colouring in stamped images.  As they are alcohol based then they need special ink pads, I have a Memento & a Staz On ink pad ready for when I eventually get around to doing some stamping, still need more practice with the blending etc first though.   

I originally purchased them for doing some Manga drawing designs which I am a big fan off, my best friend, Euan used to do this when we were at school and all his creations were just amazing.  It is definitely not as easy as it looks though, currently going through a HUGE "manga, how to draw" book.

Anyway these are a couple of the digistamps I coloured today, I'm sure they will look much better after they have been cut and layered on a card with some embellishments.




The rest of the day today was spent with my wee ferrets.  I love my animals, 5 cats and 7 ferrets, all lovely fluffy loving creatures that I just wouldn't be without. 

Goodnight crafters, hope you all have a fab Easter weekend.

Much love

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment