Translate

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Baby Girl Card in the shape of a Baby-Grow

Afternoon All

I have spent all day today revising for my driving theory test, to say I am nervous is an understatement!!

Today I am going to show you the other baby card that I put together, this was just a bit bigger than A4 size and is only the second card that I have completed this size.  I find this quite daunting, its alot of paper to fill.

The first thing I did was draw a template for a baby vest at the size required;

I then covered this in the same way as the nappy card was done.  I covered the template in double-sided tape and attached my chosen patterned paper.  I turned this over and cut off the excess with a craft knife, please remember to always use a cutting mat below to prevent any damage to the surface you are working on, it should now look a little like this;

At this point I inked around the edges with a matching Promarker, I also went around the edge about a centimetre in with short dashes also in the matching Promarker to look like stitching.  I made a small pink bow with the bow maker and attached to the neckline with a strong glue dot.

Next I needed to look at what I was going to put on the front of the baby vest.  I decided that as the girl works in a bakers I would use some of the cupcakes I had coloured with Promarkers last week.  However, they were very flat looking and so I though I would give these some sparkle and shine by using Versamark & then covering in embossing powder. 

I then heated this with the Heat Tool to turn into a lovely clear but sparkly coating;

This was the detail down the right hand side, I still wanted a little something more and so I hand drew some lettering, used the Promarker to outline and put the stitch detail.  I then covered with Versamark and embossed for a lovely finish;


This is a close-up of the lettering;

That was the "topper" finished.  After this I cut out a piece of card, used a scoring tool to make it into a folded and now just over A4 sized card blank.  I covered the front with a matching patterned paper, edged with the matching Promarker colour & stitching detail so that it all tied in.  I then layered a piece of metallic mirror card in top.

I covered the back of the "topper" with foam pads and stuck this down, I also put on a cupcake stand and added some sparkles to the topper and the bottom of the card.  At this stage it looks like this;

It isn't finished though without the inside being done also.  I used double sided tape to pop in a piece of matching paper & mirror board.  I printed a verse from the Internet in matching colour and put in place using foam pads.  I added a little sparkle and it was done;

Every card needs an envelope and so I also made one for this.  It was harder than I thought due to the size but I managed.

Hopefully, this card will be fine for its intended destination :o)
Happy Crafting Everyone,
Much love,
Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment