Translate

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Mixed Craft Artist Pages

Evening All

I know I always talk about the weather but really how could I not today, it has been so so HOT!!!  I need a couple of cool days to recover. 

I spent yesterday vegging out and catching up with peoples projects on DaisyTrail the Craft Artist site.  There are some truly talented people out there, one project that springs to mind was a lovely scrapped page which had a photo of a painting of a desert fox that the lady had done, it was stunning.

If you fancy trying out a sample of the craft artist click on the link below and go to "Free Stuff" and download the Craft Artist Compact programme and then all the free digikits, that's loads to be getting on with remembering that you can add your own photos, digistamps etc and see what you come up with.  If you like it Create & Craft sell the full version with the photolab etc. and a great selection of digikits.

www.daisytrail.com

The tutorials are a great place to start and its such a great community there is always someone to help.  Today I learned how to emboss digitally, looks amazing!  This is the blog that took me through it;             http://trulytangoscraps.wordpress.com/home/tutorials/

These are the pages that I have completed, think I am getting a bit better;

I saved the count from the new Gems CD I purchased as a photo & uploaded it to CA, it was then edited with the photolab, I used a stencil for the bird & spider, just one backing paper from the Halloween Digikit and a couple of embellishments.
This page was done using just the stencils from the CA and the glitter brushes, I love it and plan on using it as a background paper in the future.
This was a page I put together for my boy, I used one backing paper, then used the cutout function in the photolab to take away the background from the photo.  I then copied the photo and faded it out into the background layer, popped on some lettering and added a poem using the sentiment function.  The bottom embellishment has a faux glass covering which is really effective.
This was the page I put together using the embossing function, it gives a great texture to the backing paper.
I also did some more work on my painting, I know it doesn't look like it but it is coming together great from my point of view :o)


Well that's all from me today, I managed all the housework today right down to changing all the beds so tomorrow I am free to do some manual crafting of some sort, something that involves glue & scissors!!

Happy crafting

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment