Translate

Saturday 26 May 2012

Bits n Bobs

Hello

I do hope everyone is having a great weekend, the weather here in Paisley has been amazing, so much so that I have not been in the house at all!!

My day started with me panicking about a missing Fiesta Cat, she was gone from about 8pm last night and had a vet appointment this morning that she missed, I was beside myself with worry.  I guess us cat owners are always like that though, its the risk you take when you let them out!  I had a wee walk around the street asking everyone to check their sheds, greenhouses and garages, did the trick as she returned home all safe and sound, much to my delight.  However, the vet appointment she obviously planned to miss was rescheduled so she was not a happy kitty!!

The rest of the afternoon was spent outside with a never-ending supply of orange juice with lashings of ice, it was much needed.  I even got my legs out today to see the sunshine but why is it though that my arms and face are brown and my legs are still reflective white!!

Its pretty hard to craft on the sunny hot days I have realised.  This is the first summer that I have had where I am lucky enough not to actually have a job job, not that my wee business and crafting is not a proper job, I put in alot of hours usually, much more than I would if I was working for someone else.  Anyways, I was so used to crafting when I got home or through the night, no matter what the weather was, I hated sitting out in the hot sun after a day in a hot office, all I ever wanted to do was relax in the cool of the house.  My excuse just now is that the weather was so wet over the winter that i achieved double the workload and can allow myself the sunny days off to chill, I'm sticking to that story.  Its true................honest!!

I did managed to do another layer to my painting, its coming along OK, its still pretty flat looking but the details are about to start going in now and hopefully that will make it look more appealing;


I also started another square for my blanket, well I thought it was for my blanket but I like the pale lime so much I may just make it into a baby blanket for my other half's sister.  I will do this whole ball of wool then stitch a teddy bear patch on it, do another much bigger square in cream and then stitch the green to the centre of the cream as a feature, edge around on the cream side with ribbon the same colour as the green and add ribbon flowers so its kinda double sided but thick and warm for winter, I'm not sure how it will turn out but will post the results, its just a wee square at the moment but isn't it just a great colour;


I also had the laptop outside and had a wee play about with my new Gems Designs Werewolf's & Vampires CD and the Craft Artist Software which I am loving.  I never thought that CD crafting would be enjoyable but it is, and I also never thought I would use it for scrap-booking but that seems to be all I do use it for! 

Today however I did do a wee page for Fathers Day which I am going convert and use as a card, but as a but of  "hybrid" crafting.  So what this means is I will use the Craft Artist for the basics but when I print it out I will also be using other things on the paper.  In this case I will print the page a couple of times so that I can decoupage some bits, punch out other bids, at metal embellishments, glitter, a bit of bling and also make faux buttons aswell, so its going to be a right mix of techniques;

This was the Wolf from the Gems CD, a scrapbook page, could be used for Halloween maybe?

This was the page I did for my dad, going to be using it as a card for Fathers Day

So that's it folks, that's all that I have been up too, the weather has just been far too good.  I will be taking some time out over the next couple of weeks to make some soap.  It has to cure for anything from six-twelve weeks using the process that we do so I figure I could start making it now and stockpile it for Winter & Christmas.  Always good to get a head-start!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend peeps

Much love

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment