Translate

Saturday 12 May 2012

Finished Oil Paintings

Evening

I cant quite believe that its Saturday night already, where did the weekend go!

We are expecting heavy rain tomorrow so not much planned, usual food shopping and tidying up for the week ahead, after that who knows.

Instead of doing some more cards, today I took advantage of the good breezy weather things morning and finally varnished my oil paintings that had been sitting since last summer and the one I finished last month, they have a lovely finish now and the varnish I used dried really quickly.  This is just stuff that can be picked up at any art store or on-line. 


I was advised to leave the paintings at least six months before varnishing as the paint is quite thick and takes a little while to dry.  Its been nearly twelve months for the tulips, ten for the purple flower and about seven for the cat, well all except the feelers and the legs on the butterfly that is but they are just little flicks of paint and were dry within the month.




The cat oil painting has already been on the blog, it was posted on the day I finished it, think I was tidying up or something.

So after making the effort to finally spray these, taking minutes, I decided that I would maybe start another one.  I had all the stuff out anyway, however when I thought about it and the fact that I really want to try and use up the stuff lying around, and could do with putting down the easel and creating some space, I decided to do something quick.  For me that means Watercolour or Acrylic, maybe even Pastels. 

I settled on Watercolour's, something I haven't actually used since school which seems like a millennium ago!

It was alot easier than I remember, waiting for the paint to dry was probably the biggest struggle.  I certainly need much more practise, may do a small collection to stick on the front of cards? good idea? not so good idea, what do you all think?

Anyway this is my finished piece for today, I do like it, I'm guessing art is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

Well I will be back tomorrow night with my crafty offerings.

Enjoy your night, be safe!

Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment