Translate

Thursday 10 May 2012

Finished Handmade Books

Evening All,

What a rotten day today weather wise, the rain hasn't let up here at all all day!! 

I had my weekly two hour driving lesson this morning, there was no getting out of the "mock test" so that was attempted today.  What can I do about my nerves?  It was just my driving instructor and I thought I was going to burst.  Apparently it was all going "OK" till I made the worst judgement call based on the fact that I assumed everyone is courteous!!

This is the scenario, turn right onto a road which is a big hill up the way, car parked on my side of the road, big line of cars parked on the opposite side of the road, space on the opposite side of the road for a car to pull in to let me past after the pass two/ three cars, kinda hard to explain but I turned corner onto hill, other car was coming down but I assumed he would pull in to let me pass as I had already overtaken the parked car, he didn't, we were bumper to bumper!!  Well almost!  I stalled then stalled again then rolled back and well it was just a disaster situation that on a normal lesson I would have coped with fine, but in a "mock test" I just went to pieces!  We did go around here again afterwards and it was a completely different case, it was fine.  I just have no idea how I got into such a state, basically it would all have been avoided if I had just stopped and let the driver pass.

Anyway, we went on for a bit, I did a few more miles, turns etc. then we just stopped and abandoned test as I was just a mess and we were nearly back at the test centre anyway.  Apart from that pretty major mistake I had 9 minors out of a possible 16.  There is no hope, and my actual test is rapidly approaching. 

I know all the drivers out there will be wondering what it is I am finding so hard, and your probably right, I can actually drive well, its the word "test" that I just cant get around.  Help!!

So after that my afternoon was all about being calm and relaxing.  I spent some time with my furries and then finished the books I started yesterday.

All I had to do was cut all the sheets of paper to size, 40 pages in each book, then mark & drill holes, then it was just a case of threading the ribbon that keeps the books together. 

This was such a good project and I will be making loads more!  I think a trip to a DIY store is in order to pick up some lovely patterned paper to decorate my next batch....................is that cheeky?


I was going to decorate the fronts but they actually look really pretty just plain & simple.

The tutorial for these is on yesterdays blog, I think they will make great gifts for people, Birthdays, New Babies, for Scrapbookers, or even gifts for Christmas.

Happy Crafting

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment