Translate

Tuesday 8 May 2012

New Scrubs

Evening All

Hope you are all well and creating some wonderful crafting masterpieces.  I had a busy weekend with the vintage craft fair we attended.  It was a gorgeous venue, Hillhead Bookclub in Glasgow a really nice bar & restaurant.  I met some really lovely people with some great products.  A couple of my favourites were;

The Secret Wardrobe, fabulous vintage clothing, amazing bags, jewellery & shoes, Jacki can be found on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/theswardrobe

Moments Treasured, this girl did some amazing watercolour paintings and framed papercraft gifts for all occasions, something completely different, I especially loved the Winnie the Pooh paintings and the baby booties, too cute!!  She will be back at Hillhead Bookclub this weekend coming for a baby fair that is on.

As it was a vintage fair I also had the pleasure of seeing some people dressed different from the norm, gorgeous hairdo's, fabulous clothes, great jewellery, just a completely different environment for me to be honest, in a good way, I'm just a t-shirt & jeans kinda gal!!

Well since then I have had literally only a few hours sleep and when I am as tired as I have been I just spend time doing housework, ironing and playing with the animals.  However today I put together loads of different wee tubs of body & foot scrubs, my house smell delicious.

These were so easy to do, I will be designing labels for them tomorrow and they will hopefully be on the website by the end of the week.  My partner has tried a sugar one in the shower tonight and loves it, he recons that he will get 3 showers out of the wee tub so that is very good.

I made some with brown sugar, some with salt, some with ground coffee (definitely a morning scrub that one) and some with oats which is much gentler than the others.  They all have sweet almond oil for the softener and then the various fragrances.  I am very pleased with the results.

So, these are my lovely new products;


This is a close-up of the lovely gentle oats one, this has some dried lavender mixed in with it and due to the nature of the oats needs to be mixed with water before it can be used i.e. you take out a tablespoon of product and mix with a little warm water then apply, this helps to release the oils;


As with all products that contain oils, much care must be taken in the shower/bath.

Keep a wee eye out for these appearing on the website - www.freshscentsscotland.com

Happy Crafting

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment